ANOTHER BETRAYAL

pinfireman

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, oowee said:

So the labour value contribution to the UK economy and the taxes paid count for nothing? Increasingly it's those workers with higher educational attainment that are likely to travel here. A proportion will of course stay and invest.

I remember many of my friends doing the same with Germany back in the early 80's when work was so hard to come by in the UK. Living in lodgings earning as much as possible and then coming home.

None of the people I was posting about pay tax, they all work cash in hand, they only ever want cash in hand work.

1 hour ago, Newbie to this said:

Your previous statement that implies that a vast amount of the EU workers are highly educated

They are, and increasingly it;'s those with better education traveling for work. It's not exclusive.

1 hour ago, Vince Green said:

None of the people I was posting about pay tax, they all work cash in hand, they only ever want cash in hand work.

Ah I see what you mean. They don't rent homes or buy food or contribute to the economy through there employer then. I guess if you are talking of those not employed doing casual labour then I see your point. Plenty of those here before they came? Not that you and me aver pay cash in hand we always insist that tax is paid.

7 hours ago, TriBsa said:

Exactly, the arguments for mass imigration are based on political dogma just like the agruments for staying in the EU. Both arguments lack substance. The downside of imigration is all around us for everyone to see, but we have a political establishment in denial. The destruction of our culture and way of life to be replaced by a polygot population was planned, to enable us to be easily absorbed into the new european superstate planned by the globalists.

Divide & rule...the age old formula.....

53 minutes ago, oowee said:

They are, and increasingly it;'s those with better education traveling for work. It's not exclusive.

Not that I see, would be nice to have a source reference. The ones I see are all unskilled/semi skilled labour, with the occasional architect. Most of my work is on London building sites and like what has been mentioned, English is a second language now.

You have to ask yourself, what's happened to all the workers that these economic migrants have replaced?

Edited by Newbie to this

4 hours ago, Newbie to this said:

Not that I see, would be nice to have a source reference. The ones I see are all unskilled/semi skilled labour, with the occasional architect. Most of my work is on London building sites and like what has been mentioned, English is a second language now.

You have to ask yourself, what's happened to all the workers that these economic migrants have replaced?

Source data is limited but this article from 2016 on 2011 data will give an idea, and Eurostat will probably have more upto date stats.

In construction they were never UK nationals. The UK post war has traditionally relied upon immigrant labour to support the industry (Irish). Despite pretty substantial training programs UK wide driven by the former Training and Enterprise Councils the supply has never met demand. How hard is it to get a tradesman for plumbing or electrical work. 

In high skilled work areas many UK residents will prefer to go abroad for more money and opportunity. Science education is a classic case of brain drain. 

13 hours ago, oowee said:

They don't rent homes or buy food or contribute to the economy through there employer then. 

Its incredibly nieve to believe that a person newly arrived from Hungary is able to rent a home legitimately when they don't have references, a credit rating and a substancial deposit. Instead they are forced into sofa surfing and answering dodgy adverts in shop windows.

In many ways they unwittingly contribute to another big problem round here which is black market landlords, sheds with beds and illegal HMOs 

The Hungarian men I know are 'self employed' window cleaners, 'self employed' Uber drivers and 'self employed' parcel delivery drivers, 'self employed' Man and Van operations taking work through apps on their phone etc. The women are ''self employed' cleaners and carers. The term 'self employed' is a euphemism though because I am sure none of them have ever registered as self employed with HMRC.

That is the true nature, the reality if you like, of migrant workers. They are very good people, very bright. My mother's home help is a teacher back in Hungary, so is her husband but they are here to make quick money, more money than they could ever hope to make in their home country, and who can blame them? If the situation was reversed we would all do it.

Edited by Vince Green

8 hours ago, oowee said:

In construction they were never UK nationals. The UK post war has traditionally relied upon immigrant labour to support the industry (Irish)

Not in my experience of the construction game (the fit out stage not the build), most people used to speak with British accents. Now they may have been of Irish decent, that I don't know. I'll have a look at the article when I get a minute.

2 hours ago, bostonmick said:

There is no comparison between the Irish workers who came over years ago and the economic migrants we have been saturated with since the eu.

Yes the Irish navvies built the canals and railways that provided the transport element of our Industrial Revolution. They weren't foreigners because Ireland was then part of Great Britain. How many of today's  foreign construction workers are just building housing and infrastructure to accomodate our migrant influx at no net benefit?

which is black market landlords, sheds with beds and illegal HMOs 

5yrs ago a polish lad was over working for a building firm, nice lad, good worker & was here for quite awhile.

He had a 4 bedroom house paid for by benefits, in the 4 bedrooms he had aprox 8 other polish sleeping, maybe more, all giving him rent. He rented private for himself & a few others all paying as well, + his wage & whatever else he was into....he wasn't shy saying ALL the money was going back to Poland.

So, he rented, bought food, after that contributed SFA to the economy.

13 minutes ago, oowee said:

The point is we don't have enough people in construction, skilled or otherwise. You can argue that the indigenous population should take these jobs and i would agree but until they do immigration will fill the void. 

There is an irony in that based on ONS figures of 2.3 people per household and with net migration having been running at more than 250,000 for some years we haven't even been building enough houses for the immigrants let alone those already here so you can't wonder with basic economic principles of supply and demand that so many people have been stuffed by house prices being so high.  

Of course, if we let in enough construction workers we'd need some more medical staff* and then some more construction workers to build their houses and then some more medical staff etc etc (* and all other roles in the economy to sustain an increased population).

3 minutes ago, Bazooka Joe said:

.he wasn't shy saying ALL the money was going back to Poland.

Our economy loses a lot through remittances.  From the Financial Times, 2016: "The World Bank estimates migrant workers sent back about $24.9bn last year, making Britain the fourth-largest source of remittances in the world."

9 minutes ago, yod dropper said:

There is an irony in that based on ONS figures of 2.3 people per household and with net migration having been running at more than 250,000 for some years we haven't even been building enough houses for the immigrants let alone those already here so you can't wonder with basic economic principles of supply and demand that so many people have been stuffed by house prices being so high.  

Of course, if we let in enough construction workers we'd need some more medical staff* and then some more construction workers to build their houses and then some more medical staff etc etc (* and all other roles in the economy to sustain an increased population).

Our economy loses a lot through remittances.  From the Financial Times, 2016: "The World Bank estimates migrant workers sent back about $24.9bn last year, making Britain the fourth-largest source of remittances in the world."

Lot's going home now and not so many coming if you believe the latest stats. Immigrants sending money home have taken a big hit with the fall in the value of the pound so it makes working here less attractive. 

35 minutes ago, TriBsa said:

Yes the Irish navvies built the canals and railways that provided the transport element of our Industrial Revolution. They weren't foreigners because Ireland was then part of Great Britain. How many of today's  foreign construction workers are just building housing and infrastructure to accomodate our migrant influx at no net benefit?

We need more housing and infrastructure. According to others they are all sofa surfing so the houses can't have been for them?

28 minutes ago, Bazooka Joe said:

5yrs ago a polish lad was over working for a building firm, nice lad, good worker & was here for quite awhile.

He had a 4 bedroom house paid for by benefits, in the 4 bedrooms he had aprox 8 other polish sleeping, maybe more, all giving him rent. He rented private for himself & a few others all paying as well, + his wage & whatever else he was into....he wasn't shy saying ALL the money was going back to Poland.

So, he rented, bought food, after that contributed SFA to the economy.

Quite the entrepreneur. Did you dob him in or encourage the practice by turning a blind eye?

26 minutes ago, yod dropper said:

We have a shortage of houses because we don't build enough. Too much 'not in my back yard' mentality.

We loose far more in balance of trade. Surely it's good to see such a vibrant economy doing well and supporting the growth of other countries, our future customers?

47 minutes ago, Bazooka Joe said:

Neither...heard it after he moved on.

It just highlights that not all benefit our economy, a phase which is repeated as if wrote in stone..:rolleyes:

True of most things i guess but overall we all know there's an overall benefit even if it has some down sides. ;)

2 minutes ago, oowee said:

Follow the post and keep up baggy :lol:

Im not sure whether you mean the benefit is:
The migrants build houses for themselves to live in, but claim benefits to pay for the rent.
Or : We get a continuing population increase which benefits further strains our already struggling infrastructure.
Or could it be, all those taxes they pay, that will allow us all to retire at 55, and live the good life, while they slog on keeping us on easy street ?

Just now, Rewulf said:

Im not sure whether you mean the benefit is:
The migrants build houses for themselves to live in, but claim benefits to pay for the rent.
Or : We get a continuing population increase which benefits further strains our already struggling infrastructure.
Or could it be, all those taxes they pay, that will allow us all to retire at 55, and live the good life, while they slog on keeping us on easy street ?

I hope it's the last one.