Pigeon Decoys??

tasr12

22 minutes ago, old'un said:

Dead birds that are placed flat on the ground are generally fine unless the rape is a foot tall. I do usually use a magnet or two, but I know someone local who uses dead birds with no moving elements to his pattern, and he shoots plenty.

3 hours ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

hello, give Aimee a call at A1 DECOYS IN BRISTOL, 0117 3039227, they have 12 shells for £22 less PW discount quote PPS12,  i am sure they can send to your work place in swindon, 

Thanks - if I don’t have any more luck with the dead ones I’ll defiengely give her a call. Thanks for this. 

I've never tried to "mount a pigeon on a hedge", but , i've never tried to "mount a pigeon" . Each to their own!.

I just expressed an opinion , and i like fuds 

I wipe the mud off the spikes before i put them away (its called care) , I knock them in with a rubber mallet if the grounds hard .

A bit 'technical' I know but there you are.

I did make some deeks from milk bottles once, but that vid  showing how to open them up looks pretty good to me because in my very little experience movement is the key and those should work as floaters as well as peckers.  Now for a night time dustbin raid on the neighbours bins.

Have made my own for years out of card can fit 30 or more in the space that 3 full body ones take up as they stack inside each other.

Just need some card, or now possibly thin plastic, paint and a bit of spare time.

They work as all decoys do if the birds are feeding on the field your shooting over. just add a bit of movement with a flapper or rotary.

No decoy however expensive of lifelike will work unless the pigeons want to be on the field.

May have a pattern somewhere if you want  to have a bash.

Made my own 30 odd years ago and still use them. Made with black plastic sheeting that used to be used for dashboards and grey primer. Doubtless you could make them using black or grey vinyl floor covering. They are supported on steel brick band which adds movement. If you want to have a go let me know and I could look out a pattern and photos