No pigeons today-Snow what I mean

lakeside1000

Well its arrived,as promised, we are out on the Norfolk coast near Great Yarmouth and this is the scene outside as I dream of sunny days sitting in the hide waiting for the pigeons to descend on my decoys.

I remember in the 70's sitting in the hide through a huge blizzard and was rewarded with a few birds after the snow stopped falling. I was only in my 30's then and the cold meant nothing, I will be 70 on St Patrick's day and wouldn't last 10 minutes out in this , so its sittting in the warm and waiting for it all to pass for me, 

Perhaps some of you will get out and share your experiences and a few photos with the rest of us,good luck if you do .;) 

DSCF4001.JPG

Took the dog out twice today. Morning was nice in the sun, no wind, didn't even realize it was minus 6degrees. There were a few pigeons flying around and even some on  last year's linseed that has reseeded and come up in amongst the wheat. Not worth getting the gun and deeks out, they're far too fickle. Snow was a good 4 to 6 inches near Hockley in Essex. Looks like more coming tonight and what melted, will freeze I'm sure. Heating is working well, but just to be sure I'm staying near the thermostat ??