Browning ultra xs - Prestige ??.

samboy

Hi all.

Whats the difference between the Ultra xs and the Prestige ?.

Thanks all.

I would also add , as a hardcore beretta fan boy , the XS ( sporter ) is about the only browning i would own as a comp gun , there a tad on the weighty side , but very much to my liking , and very well balanced IMO ?also a very nice looking gun . And very shootable .

As it happens i am shooting an xs 30" sporter at the moment and am well pleased with it but i was just wondering if it was worth upgrading to

a Prestige but after reading the comments it would not seem worth it so i'll keep what  iv'e got. 

Thanks all.

Samboy.  If your shooting well with it , KEEP IT mate and enjoy. There still a very well respected gun on clay circuit . 

A good friend of mines lad used one for two yrs and worked his way up and onto the England junior DTL team 2017  with it .

He has the sporter XS and the Trap XT 

1 minute ago, stevo said:

Samboy.  If your shooting well with it , KEEP IT mate and enjoy. There still a very well respected gun on clay circuit . 

A good friend of mines lad used one for two yrs and worked his way up and onto the England junior DTL team 2017  with it .

He has the sporter XS and the Trap XT 

A great favourite with the better C class shooters!:lol:

Like I say it’s the ONLY browning I would want to own , ?

3 minutes ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

A great favourite with the better C class shooters!:lol:

Ooooo C class , now there’s a tough class to win , it’s full of sandbaggers ??

2 minutes ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

Yes it always has been.

It’s why I moved to fast trap , I swapped the sand bagging for ABT , the most unfair of them all haha ? but that’s half it’s charm 

On 28 February 2018 at 10:40, samboy said:

Yep i'm going to keep it but you know what it's like when you get the wants.

I'm off to my local rfd tomorrow but i think i'll keep my blindfold on lol.

Reet,

I bought my XS new in 1999, (30"), always wanted a Browning but too low in the comb for me, XS came out with adjustable comb, job jobbed, mucked around with it, lifting and lowering depending if I was shooting trap or not.

Eventually decided that was silly, set it to where I was happy shooting sporting with it and have left it. (Shot quite well with it by my standards) and was happy.

Had a really bad time from 2007-2011, decided to upgrade to to an Ultra XS Prestige (32") just because I could, found one with stunning wood so bought it, part ex'd my XS

Couldn't hit a barn door with it consistently..don't know if it was the change from 30-32" or not....tried for almost a year to the day when I saw my original XS back up for sale (had a very small clay mark on the stock) 

Rang up the dealer....explained I wanted mine back, he was happy to do the deal, went and bought it back, as soon as I picked it up it just felt right ?.

Overall I lost around £400 in the deal but haven't regretted it since.

If the Prestige had been a 30" then maybe things might have worked out different.

Can't see me selling this gun again, I might not get the chance to buy it back again lol

food for thought

:shaun:

I can understand that completely ...

My 'want' is a DT11 Black Edition, but the reality is I'd be asking them to make it 100% the same as my current Invictus.

DUH ! Why do it??

So booked a couple of hols with the family instead and got more points to go shooting through the year :-)