Bib and brace recommendations

washerboy

I also have a Cabelas Bib /  Brace and Parka

Cabela's Guidewear® Men's Xtreme Bibs with GORE-TEX® – Tall

I bought mine back in the year 2000 and its still going strong and has been extremely hard wearing  but it is not waterproof (more like shower proof) any more.

The advantage with the Cabelas gear is you can get Tall sizes if you have long arms or legs

You can get the same version with a Thinsulate lining which my mate has but this option is better for boat fishing as you can get too hot moving about.

The current issue is the £ / $ exchange rate which can make any imported gear expensive.

On 03/03/2018 at 20:59, Scully said:

I agree, their clothing is some of the best I've had.

Did manage to contact a very nice chap, by phone, at Fortis today.  Asked me to send Email, which I am trying to do (it keeps bouncing back). Seems they have had problems with on line ordering before, but it would appear that they still have the liner for my jacket, so I WILL be ordering one. Sorry to mislead anyone on here, but FORTIS clothing is still very much still in business and supplying some excellent gear !  

On 05/03/2018 at 20:01, Scully said:

Good to hear. ?

I apologise profusely,  my 'Fortis' jacket liner arrived by courier yesterday. In my defence, the chap that I dealt with did admit to having some communications 'glitch', which is now being taken care of. Still excellent product, backed with a superb service.

Edited by Westley

On 04/03/2018 at 09:30, Fishing Richie said:

I also have a Cabelas Bib /  Brace and Parka

Cabela's Guidewear® Men's Xtreme Bibs with GORE-TEX® – Tall

I bought mine back in the year 2000 and its still going strong and has been extremely hard wearing  but it is not waterproof (more like shower proof) any more.

The advantage with the Cabelas gear is you can get Tall sizes if you have long arms or legs

You can get the same version with a Thinsulate lining which my mate has but this option is better for boat fishing as you can get too hot moving about.

The current issue is the £ / $ exchange rate which can make any imported gear expensive.

i buy a lot of cabelas, very good gear.