Horse riding and testicles

Wb123

I have taken a new horse on loan after a lengthy gap in my riding career. Usually a couple of pairs of very tight lycra underpants to keep things up and to each side have sufficed in the past but something in either the design of the saddle or the gait of this horse has produced a few ******* crushing incidents I dont want to repeat.

Changing the saddle is out due to the terms of the loan, I will try a sheepskin seat cover but does anyone have any other suggestions short of learning the old amazonian retraction trick?

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had a similar situation, I bought a new leather ( Kent and Masters ) saddle , then got the saddle fitter out , had the horses back Mapped just to see what is what , turns out my boy has a  dip on the left side of his withers , anyway the difference is amazing. Well worth the money. And a lot better than the wintec .

Edited by stevo

9 minutes ago, Ultrastu said:

Side saddle  ? 

Like the queen 

I never considered she might ride side saddle for that reason.

9 minutes ago, Benthejockey said:

Ride a bit shorter. I ride around 6 a day, sometimes more and sometimes less and rarely do I crack a knacker! And if I do it’s usually from a **** leg up and I land on the twins. 

I've done that, much worse that a glancing wack to Mr Righty. 

4 minutes ago, stevo said:

I had a similar situation, I bought a new leather ( Kent and Masters ) saddle , then got the saddle fitter out , had the horses back Mapped just to see what is what , turns out my boy has a 5mm dip on the left side of his withers , anyway the difference if amazing. Well worth the money. And a lot better than the wintec .

I bought a kent and masters dressage saddle for my better half's horse, very comfy but the pommel is real nightmare if the ****** tries to pull on the reins as you are coming down in the rising trot. He has a Keiffer jumping saddle which is very much more testicle friendly but to be honest he is a far too highly strung showjumping monster for me to safely and confidently ride.

The new horse is a three day a week loan of an older irish draft with a view to giving the jumper something to chase along the beach as part of his fitness regeime and to keep the better half company on hacks and flatwork sessions. I offered to get the dressage saddle refitted to him but the owner is very keen to keep him in his Pierre Jolicoeur one he gets adjusted each year.

25 minutes ago, Walker570 said:

Did you mean 'a'

Not really a horse person but have ridden in the USA when hunting, western style and never had a problem. Legs aching after a couple of hours over rough country that's all

Western style does seem to be more testicle friendly, though the horses are trained differently and the saddles are very different. English style means a lot more going in and out of the saddle, with far more opportunity to sit on yourself. 

23 minutes ago, Wb123 said:

I bought a kent and masters dressage saddle for my better half's horse, very comfy but the pommel is real nightmare if the ****** tries to pull on the reins as you are coming down in the rising trot. He has a Keiffer jumping saddle which is very much more testicle friendly but to be honest he is a far too highly strung showjumping monster for me to safely and confidently ride.

The new horse is a three day a week loan of an older irish draft with a view to giving the jumper something to chase along the beach as part of his fitness regeime and to keep the better half company on hacks and flatwork sessions. I offered to get the dressage saddle refitted to him but the owner is very keen to keep him in his Pierre Jolicoeur one he gets adjusted each year.

Hmmm sounds to me like your leaning to far forward on you R and T  , I got pulled on the same and straightened my back a tad and sat upright a lit5le more , much much better , hard to say with out seeing you . 

Or the saddle just don’t fit you . As you know one saddle don’t fit all , and a bad fitting one is like walking in two left shoes ?

Edited by stevo

52 minutes ago, Wb123 said:

I have taken a new horse on loan after a lengthy gap in my riding career. Usually a couple of pairs of very tight lycra underpants to keep things up and to each side have sufficed in the past but something in either the design of the saddle or the gait of this horse has produced a few ******* crushing incidents I dont want to repeat.

Changing the saddle is out due to the terms of the loan, I will try a sheepskin seat cover but does anyone have any other suggestions short of learning the old amazonian retraction trick?

Have you tried emptying them before you ride ???

47 minutes ago, Benthejockey said:

Ride a bit shorter. I ride around 6 a day, sometimes more and sometimes less and rarely do I crack a knacker! And if I do it’s usually from a **** leg up and I land on the twins. 

Yours are probably smaller Ben :lol: