Horse riding and testicles

Wb123

8 minutes ago, stevo said:

Hmmm sounds to me like your leaning to far forward on you R and T  , I got pulled on the same and straightened my back a tad and sat upright a lit5le more , much much better , hard to say with out seeing you . 

Or the saddle just don’t fit you . As you know one saddle don’t fit all , and a bad fitting one is like walking in two left shoes ?

There are definitely problems with leaning forward, this horse has a penchant for suddenly sticking its head out which if rising I am finding is unblancing me forwards and into the testicular danger zone. After a full and frank exchange of views over the weekend he did behave for a trouble free afternoon, but I popped up at lunch for a ride and he was back to being a prize knob with a few resulting ******* crushing moments. My better half got on after a very frustrating half hour and reported back that he 'is not easy to ride and will teach you lots'. I think this may be her code for stubborn ***.

I put his exercise sheet on as it is sodding cold which may have dampened the effect of the schooling whip a little too much. (Though when I hopped on the jumper he was so afraid of also getting a beating after watching the preceeding mess that I could swear he was thought controlled). 

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

18 minutes ago, Dougy said:

Have you tried emptying them before you ride ???

Yours are probably smaller Ben :lol:

Might make them dangle a little closer, but with the temperature outside today I had expected them to be tucked safely up inside the igloo as it were. 

Now on a hot summers day they can be a real liability, the dingle dangle starts to jingle jangle as it were. 

3 minutes ago, old'un said:

try dipping your testicles in a bowl of iced water, should tighten things up a bit. 

As above. 

45 minutes ago, Wb123 said:

There are definitely problems with leaning forward, this horse has a penchant for suddenly sticking its head out which if rising I am finding is unblancing me forwards and into the testicular danger zone. After a full and frank exchange of views over the weekend he did behave for a trouble free afternoon, but I popped up at lunch for a ride and he was back to being a prize knob with a few resulting ******* crushing moments. My better half got on after a very frustrating half hour and reported back that he 'is not easy to ride and will teach you lots'. I think this may be her code for stubborn ***.

I put his exercise sheet on as it is sodding cold which may have dampened the effect of the schooling whip a little too much. (Though when I hopped on the jumper he was so afraid of also getting a beating after watching the preceeding mess that I could swear he was thought controlled). 

If I may make a couple of suggestions, based on what you have said , I  would most certainly try lowering your stirrups, that will make you sit lower with a deeper seat  and force you to sit  properly on your seat bones and straighten that back . Also try spending a bit of time on a longe line and teach him some manners , it will do the pair of you no harm either way or doing some dressage now and then .

Maybe try some padded cycling shorts while your getting back in your stride ?

Edited by stevo

12 minutes ago, matone said:

Use a quad,far more predictable too.

Didn`t see that,similar ideas on the problem!!!!

Plus they konk out and get stuck , you can’t get a horse stuck haha ? 

horses best 4X4 by far  ........... as long as you can stay on ?

1 minute ago, matone said:

Ooo,once they`ve tipped you off and they`re rigged in a ditch.........

I bet I can do on my hunter whatever you can do on your quad ?, I’ll start by going through 3 ft of water ?

4 hours ago, Wb123 said:

I have taken a new horse on loan after a lengthy gap in my riding career. Usually a couple of pairs of very tight lycra underpants to keep things up and to each side have sufficed in the past but something in either the design of the saddle or the gait of this horse has produced a few ******* crushing incidents I dont want to repeat.

Changing the saddle is out due to the terms of the loan, I will try a sheepskin seat cover but does anyone have any other suggestions short of learning the old amazonian retraction trick?

If you wait about 20 years your knackers will drop so then you can simply sling them over the pommel.

3 hours ago, Mice! said:

Do you not wear cycling style shorts when spending a few hours in the saddle? I know going out on the road bike without them ain't comfy.

I don't think it's the done thing in horse riding for some reason, I work in racing and one of my many jobs is as a Medic, judging by the amount of clothes and boots I have cut off no one wears any sort of padding! A cricket box might be most helpful