thompsn00

Hi all, this is my first post on the forum. I currently shoot a semi auto on clays but would love to go back to a over and under. I only want to spend around £500 on a over and under 12 bore. Ive been reading up on ATA's and can't find a bad review online. However, I have noticed theres not many available second hand and wondered what their longevity is like. I can't tell if its a good thing or not that theres not many available that are used. Anyone got one or any experiences they can share? Any recommendations on anything better for the money? 

Thanks all!! 

The wife has had one for nearly 3 years now its the alloy one she shoots hull comp x 28 grams throught it all day long, my pals wife has one to she shoots the same cartridges .they did make barrels for Beretta at one time .the wooden stocks are very nice piece of walnut .

24 minutes ago, thompsn00 said:

Thanks for replies! Quality is good I take it John? Or is it showing signs of wear ?

Yes , i think so , mind it is well looked after ,kept cleaned after every use, wood oiled regularly. Odd little marks , but thats not down to the gun , more the user. I will save they are a lot of gun for the money , compared to a beretta . If you can find a sporter with a adjustable  comb on the stock , and vented barrels maybe in your budget .

They seem very good value for the money, certainly one of the best of the current range of Turkish guns.  I tried one at a local clay ground and was very impressed with the handling and overall quality seemed very good for the money.  The trigger was a bit heavy but that's the only minor negative thing I can say about them really. Didn't buy it as I want a 28 bore and I was told they didn't do one in that gauge.

Ive got one in nickle, brought it new last September time and love it. Had quite a few compliments on the way it looks especially for the price. 

In fact I like it that much I brought a rough a303 just so I didn't have to take it out in the rain any more ? 

Edited by Farmboy91
Typo

Have mine since August '17 - love it. 

Comfortable to handle, good grip, low recoil and most importantly I hit clays with it. 

I got the 30" Sporter with vented ribs, the only thing I would have liked is the adjustable comb, but those are available as well. 

It's just a lovely gun. Would deffinetely buy again.

• 1 year later...
On 28/02/2018 at 21:48, thompsn00 said:

Hi all, this is my first post on the forum. I currently shoot a semi auto on clays but would love to go back to a over and under. I only want to spend around £500 on a over and under 12 bore. Ive been reading up on ATA's and can't find a bad review online. However, I have noticed theres not many available second hand and wondered what their longevity is like. I can't tell if its a good thing or not that theres not many available that are used. Anyone got one or any experiences they can share? Any recommendations on anything better for the money? 

Thanks all!! 

Had mine 6 months bought new from the sportsman gun centre Newport difficult to remove the fore end after 2nd use only put around 150 cartridges through it took back to the sportsman barrel had swollen told me that I had put a 20 guage cartridge in then a 12gauge cartridge into the same barrel and pulled the trigger I DID NOT i like the gun and can't fault it but I  am sure it had a fault from new sportsman will not warrant the gun so stuck with avirtually new gun in can't use I would buy another ata but not from the sportsman gun centre Newport 

17 hours ago, Adrian Anstey said:

Had mine 6 months bought new from the sportsman gun centre Newport difficult to remove the fore end after 2nd use only put around 150 cartridges through it took back to the sportsman barrel had swollen told me that I had put a 20 guage cartridge in then a 12gauge cartridge into the same barrel and pulled the trigger I DID NOT i like the gun and can't fault it but I  am sure it had a fault from new sportsman will not warrant the gun so stuck with avirtually new gun in can't use I would buy another ata but not from the sportsman gun centre Newport 

Sportsman’s gun centre are the importer so whoever you give your money to it’s bought from them.  

when you say swollen barrel do you mean bulged barrel?