Bird free Brid repellent

This is another perfectic idear NWR have at stopping bird strikes on the overhead line. If this works I will show my ars in Asda!

and what makes me laugh more is NWR give it a standard we have to install it to.

2 hours ago, Fisheruk said:

Sounds very useful.

Is it expensive?

£44.50 for 12 tubes. 

On 01/03/2018 at 20:20, The gouse said:

This is another perfectic idear NWR have at stopping bird strikes on the overhead line. If this works I will show my ars in Asda!

and what makes me laugh more is NWR give it a standard we have to install it to.

£44.50 for 12 tubes. 

That's expensive

5 hours ago, Perazzishot said:

Good luck with the tender. Bird Free Gel is currently not licensed for use in the UK and has been withdrawn from sale!

You will be breaking the law by purchasing, having or using Bird Free Gel!

Mate I did not know it existed that picture is from the tender document.

we have never been asked to use this before but we do have loads of bird strikes on the overhead line that knock the breakers out, this is one of NWR brainwaves to solve it?????

13 hours ago, Perazzishot said:

Good luck with the tender. Bird Free Gel is currently not licensed for use in the UK and has been withdrawn from sale!

You will be breaking the law by purchasing, having or using Bird Free Gel!

As I said earlier I used a product along these lines (not sure if it was the same) about 10 years ago, so the idea/products have been around a while.

I've not used any for years, never impressed, why is it not licenced and been withdrawn from sale?  What licencing does it actually need and why, it isn't a poison or trap, nor is intended to do the birds any harm, what have I missed here?

I've been installing it for the last few years for NR. I believe the newly refurbished Waterloo Station is covered in the stuff at a huge cost which I will not repeat. It lost it's license midway through last year, never had a full explanation. A few rumours were it was carcagenic, it is made in Korea, it doesn't work, the importer lost his import licence.

A copycat product called Ornaway is available but I've found it even less effective at a greater cost, but as you can see from the NR spec above it is product specific!