Utility bills - swapping provider

Ricko

Hi, I have a 3 bed semi detached cottage and live with my two teenage kids. I pay £121 per month for gas and electric. What's the best way to see if I can get a better deal? Which comparison site should I use? Does my current payment seem reasonable?

Your thoughts are welcome.

Cheers

Ricko

These are the people I use, https://www.uswitch.com/gas-electricity/guides/find-cheap-electricity-supplier/ .

Your present supplier will give you your previous years usage and a quote for the coming year, using the usage number you can check what better deals are available.

I have just switch from SSE to OVO for my electricity, projected savings of £184 for the year.

Thanks for the replies so far.

I updated my current account with new readings so I expect my monthly amount to increase possibly. I put the details into Uswitch but the best deal, although promising me a saving gave me a higher monthly amount!

I am not sure how you could get an annual saving, but with higher monthly instalments, unless it was a 12month year -v- a 10month "year".

Toward the end of your contract with your current supplier, they will give you a forecast usage, with estimated costs, use their forecast usage to make the cost comparison. Its always worked for me. Good luck.

Seems a bit high, we live in a three bed semi in a pretty sheltered spot, electricity is £45 a month, no gas but 750l of oil looks set to (just) last two years if spring comes soon. Electricity was £30 a month before the better half started working from home. We virtually never use the central heating for more than two hours a day, and last year it was turned off early April to mid October.

We do to be fair benefit from neighbours who use their heating a lot, if they go away we really feel it.

I pay £50 a month for both. I live in a 4 bed end terraced but it’s rebuilt top to bottom literally. I update my readings but I expect to pay extra this time. I usually pay £60 but they messed up and dropped my debit off summer readings.

ive never paid over £70 a month ever. 

I like the  cold but I have 3 kids to keep warm so the heating is on 17 constantly.