London country side march

Royboy

As I wrote in the other topic, I too was there! Bloody knackered when we got home though! Has anyone noticed how they can walk all day, for example on a walked up shooting day, but standing around then shuffling along a mile or two marching on the streets of London was very tiring? I got presented with a badge by and had a chat with William Evans staff who were mingling with the marchers, and remember all the folk on balconies and doorsteps clapping, cheering, waving and generally wishing the marchers well!.......Yes a great atmosphere, pity the government didn't "listen to us"

Still got the official badges from both the Rally and the March somewhere?

Edited by panoma1

Yes, I was there.   Also went to the earlier Hyde Park Rally, travelled on a coach from Abington (Lanarkshire) and had hours of fascinating conversation because I was sitting next to Brian Plummer the terrier expert.   What a character.   There must be plenty of PW members who remember him.

Yes me too and for the one after. I will never forget the feeling and the sound of what seemed to be a cloud moving over the thousands of country folk as somewhere someone started a HALLO. Made the hair stand up on the back of your neck. 

Simply awesome. 

Oh and the hand full of RSPCA anti's.  Just sank into total insignificance like a pebble on the beach.