London country side march

Royboy

I was there, great group of people of one mind. Took my wife ,son and Daughter in  law, they couldn't believe the friendless of all the attendees and even shouted at the small group of objectors by Downing Street. Happy days , but not resolved.

On the way back north lots of 4X4 sounding horns or flashing with stickers in cars.

Hard to believe it was so long ago.We had a convoy of buses from Wales.We parked by the BBC building in Shepherds Bush and caught the train into the starting point.So many people and not one bit of violence.The police were just stood around with not much to do.Great way to spend St Davids Day.

1 minute ago, greylag said:

Hard to believe it was so long ago.We had a convoy of buses from Wales.We parked by the BBC building in Shepherds Bush and caught the train into the starting point.So many people and not one bit of violence.The police were just stood around with not much to do.Great way to spend St Davids Day.

As I remember it.......no litter either?

1 hour ago, yod dropper said:

I think it opened their eyes but didn't change their minds.

It was Blair if you remember; he wasn't interested either in what anyone else thought, or any democratic vote.  He still isn't - look at him trying to reverse the referendum.

17 hours ago, Royboy said:

20 years ago today ! I can’t believe it.

was anyone else there ?? It was the first time I’d been to London and was a eye opener !

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/60845.stm

Yes, I was, with a large contingent from Doncaster. Brilliant! We should do it more often!

12 minutes ago, JohnfromUK said:

It was Blair if you remember; he wasn't interested either in what anyone else thought, or any democratic vote.  He still isn't - look at him trying to reverse the referendum.

How very true! He was still basking in his huge majority!  If he had only had a majority of, say, 10....things might have been different!

I was there with my son (8 at the time) my mate, his wife & two teenage daughters. My son & I were chatting for a good half hour on the way around to an old boy who turned out to be Lord Somebody or other. When we got back to the buses I spotted an old acquaintance from back home in the front of another bus & he explained that he was glad to make it, as he'd only been released from jail the previous week! Was a good example to the lad, that field sports are the preserve of ALL members of society, not just the toffs.

Bloody Blair! Did he actually ever get ANYTHING right?

• 2 weeks later...

We went on both marches , didn't cost us a penny as our boss was a master of a pack of hounds and he told us he would pay for the coaches for whoever wanted to go .

We had one old boy who was an officer in the army who still had his army uniform from the second world war ,two or three weeks before the march he went on a fast so he could still get in it , on the coach he changed into the uniform and it fitted him like a glove , happy days and it was nice to be reminded of the advent again . 

On 02/03/2018 at 09:44, panoma1 said:

As I wrote in the other topic, I too was there! Bloody knackered when we got home though! Has anyone noticed how they can walk all day, for example on a walked up shooting day, but standing around then shuffling along a mile or two marching on the streets of London was very tiring? I got presented with a badge by and had a chat with William Evans staff who were mingling with the marchers, and remember all the folk on balconies and doorsteps clapping, cheering, waving and generally wishing the marchers well!.......Yes a great atmosphere, pity the government didn't "listen to us"

Still got the official badges from both the Rally and the March somewhere?

Badges collected at the events..........as above!

IMG_1125.JPG