Tony Blair and Sir John Major anti Brexit "alliance".

Eyefor

Who?

I'm well over 60 so I have heard of them but can someone please point out to these people the meaning of "democracy" and can all of the British media (all anti Brexit) stop giving these relics air time?

As Kenny Everett once said - Far Cough.

A has been Tory PM and a has been Labour PM together working against democracy!..........Demonstrates how politicians are willing to sell out their country, democracy and their political integrity (assuming they ever had any!) for their own personal interests!

Yesterday's men,

ex prime ministers should have the grace to realise their day has passed and now they should have the dignity to observe the fact that actually nobody gives a **** what they think because mostly they are trying (retrospectively) to justify mistakes they made during their time in office.

10 hours ago, Eyefor said:

Who?

I'm well over 60 so I have heard of them but can someone please point out to these people the meaning of "democracy" and can all of the British media (all anti Brexit) stop giving these relics air time?

As Kenny Everett once said - Far Cough.

You don't understand.     They see the pension Neil Kinnock and his wife receive from Europe and they want in,  Even  Kinnock junior is on the Gravy train. We the people should be as a body saying .... We voted now get on with it  and stop all these delaying tactics. Tell you if this doesn't happen I'll never vote again.

53 minutes ago, krugerandsmith said:

You don't understand.     They see the pension Neil Kinnock and his wife receive from Europe and they want in,  Even  Kinnock junior is on the Gravy train. We the people should be as a body saying .... We voted now get on with it  and stop all these delaying tactics. Tell you if this doesn't happen I'll never vote again.

If Brexit doesn't happen I'll also never vote again and we would relocate - a long way away from the Eu.

PS. The threat of a second referendum is totally daft. I reckon the leave percentage would be bigger with all this faffing around and ignoring of democracy.

Edited by Eyefor

50 minutes ago, krugerandsmith said:

I would suggest that probably 75% of all politicians of all political parties are on the gravy train!:unhappy:

It's just a continuation of the establishments "project fear" aimed at the weak willed and/or spineless....threatening them that 'if the UK leaves the safety of the EU, you'll all be sorry' when it is more likely the opposite will be the case!

They are trying to plant fear and doubt into voters minds, in the hope the establishment (who are overwhelmingly remainers) get another chance to overturn Brexit via a second referendum.

Another referendum though would probably be, do you want to leave the EU on the terms we've negotiated (which is not full seperation  and a return to sovereignty anyway)? Or stay in?

Either way we'd be stuffed and they'd be crowing about giving us a democratic decision. You can't trust the weasels.

38 minutes ago, panoma1 said:

It's just a continuation of the establishments "project fear" aimed at the weak willed and/or spineless....threatening them that 'if the UK leaves the safety of the EU, you'll all be sorry' when it is more likely the opposite will be the case!

They are trying to plant fear and doubt into voters minds, in the hope the establishment (who are overwhelmingly remainers) get another chance to overturn Brexit via a second referendum.

If there ever was a second referendum, I believe the outcome would be exactly the same as the first one and would do nothing except make us the laughing stock of the EU. 

Edited by walshie

26 minutes ago, yod dropper said:

QT was interesting last night.  A young lady pointed out that when we voted to join the Common Market it was 'totally' and not 'by how much' but now we've voted to leave the EU it seems to be not 'totally' but 'by how much'.

Exactly! I thought there were 2 options on the ballot paper. I must have missed option 3 "Just leave the EU a little bit."

The basic point is people like Blair believe  people who voted to leave are thicko's who didn't go to university,thus didn't get a first from Oxbridge in stupidity and there fore our opion shouldn't count,my point on the negociations is that self intrest rules the world and always has,so a deal will be done,because both sides have to much to loose without one.