A bit windy today!

ShropshireSam

Have seen lots of pigeons on a small rape field in last few days.  One of few rape fields round here without a banger on.  Pigeons all arriving in big flocks but thought worth ago today as wind would break them up.

Set up in  tall hedge with wind to my side.  Pigeons came in continuous streams for the first 2 hours but most stayed down centre of field and headed to next wood up wind which was full of ivy.  Managed to pull a few near to decoys and some came along hedge line .  Made for some good sport.  I was slow to start but then got my eye in and finished with 29.  Many were around 40 yard mark and flying slowly into wind but still needed 3 ft of lead.....I assume the shot was been blown sideways by about a foot over 40 yards??

BY 12:00 the traffic had stopped completely.  Packed up and drove round wood.  Full of 1000's of pigeons.  Had a walk in wood and bagged another 2.  Will be out again tomorrow to try and intercept the flightline to the wood.

(Didn't find it cold today.  Plenty of layers on, some good boots on and kept gloves on while setting up)

Out again this morning to intercept the flightline on corner of wood.  Had a busy hour from 8 til 9 then all over.  Not as windy and birds more in big flocks and flying higher.  In a better position so had much more variety of shots. Again started slow then got swinging and shot well including two fast doubles. Finished with 23.  Best sport for a long time.