Which steel cartridges are you using ?

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

23 hours ago, 6.5x55SE said:

I'm not a fan of Big shot so hardly use it But Motty is correct if you look on some extra full chokes they state as suitable.

I've also had the Steel full ( eg ) miced up and they are the same constriction as a Full Lead

It'd be interesting to measure some full chokes at the start of the season, then see if they stretch after putting plenty of big steel through them. I'll try and remember and do it!

1 hour ago, Dave at kelton said:

You can get kicks chokes here from kevin at wingslocked.  Look on his website.

Thanks Dave I did look but didnt see Fabarm listed as a manufacturer,  I have never had a gun with screw in chokes before so appreciate any info people might have,  I wonder if any of the chokes from the listed manufacturers are interchangeable 

12 hours ago, islandgun said:

Thanks Dave I did look but didnt see Fabarm listed as a manufacturer,  I have never had a gun with screw in chokes before so appreciate any info people might have,  I wonder if any of the chokes from the listed manufacturers are interchangeable 

I think Fabarm may not be interchangeable but you can get extended chokes from teague if that is what you are after.

On 11/03/2018 at 20:27, islandgun said:

Would that be with the Exis or Inner HP tubes mate,  as I said most of the chokes supplied are explicitly marked as not suitable for steel

I recently bought a new Fabarm L4S, it came with 5 inner HP chokes and all are marked as safe for steel, including full. 

1 hour ago, farmer7 said:

I recently bought a new Fabarm L4S, it came with 5 inner HP chokes and all are marked as safe for steel, including full. 

I wonder if the inner hp fits older guns mine is a Eurolion mk11 competition extra [to give it its full title ;)

also do you perhaps know where i might purchase a inner hp ?

5 hours ago, islandgun said:

I wonder if the inner hp fits older guns mine is a Eurolion mk11 competition extra [to give it its full title ;)

also do you perhaps know where i might purchase a inner hp ?

I don't know if the older Eurolion and newer Fabarm chokes are the same, I would assume an Inner HP is an Inner HP choke though.

As others have said mine is stamped "overpressure tested 1630bar". Chokes here: http://www.mcavoyguns.co.uk/contents/en-uk/d668_Used_Shotgun_chokes_01.html

2 hours ago, farmer7 said:

I don't know if the older Eurolion and newer Fabarm chokes are the same, I would assume an Inner HP is an Inner HP choke though.

As others have said mine is stamped "overpressure tested 1630bar". Chokes here: http://www.mcavoyguns.co.uk/contents/en-uk/d668_Used_Shotgun_chokes_01.html

Thanks farmer7 , I will ring them tomorrow