What have I let myself in for?

Brad93

A good friend of mine has been saying come to a Tottenham football match for about a year. At Christmas I gave in and finally said okay. 

He text me on Thursday said remember we’ve got football Saturday. Its £55! 

£55 to sit and watch what you could see on TV! Not only that kickoff is at 3 but he wants to leave at 11 to go for a few hours drinking! 

I have two pints and that’s enough for me for the rest of the month! 

Seriously considering giving him the money and saying see you later! 

Edited by Brad93

I am totally amazed at what people pay to see a bag of air kicked about for 90 minutes. A local chap took his kids a few weeks ago and said he didn't get any change out of £250 at the end of the day.  That is quite a nice snall driven day isn't it.

I think I would be going down with a terrible attack of the flu or something.  Or as my old dad used to say " You sometimes pays to learn".

9 minutes ago, The gouse said:

It’s the mighty spurs that’s cheap but it is against Huddersfield.

the Juventus game Wednesday would have been a better game.

Juventus, yes I'd watch that, for a bit.

Huddersfield?? Might see if the wife fancies going Ikea or shoe shopping maybe :whistling:

12 minutes ago, Mice! said:

Juventus, yes I'd watch that, for a bit.

Huddersfield?? Might see if the wife fancies going Ikea or shoe shopping maybe 

Take the wife to selfridges in the Trafford centre some nice shoe when you see the price you will watch the football all day long mate,

22 minutes ago, Retsdon said:

Punters juggle their finances and go without to put aside enough money to go and watch a team of blokes whose average salary is high five low six digits a week. Not to mention what the foreign ownership creams off. 

Why? 

You could also say why cricket players that get 1.7mil to play 12 games in the IPL.

But when they get the gates they get and the tv rights they are quids in, 

If you’ve acted keen in anyway am he thinks he’s done you a favour getting you the ticket then you’d best pay up for it, even if you don’t go. If you’ve not mentioned it and he’s bought them perhaps have a word and see if someone else fancies paying for it. 

Regarding paying to see the sport, never understood it myself, I’d rather be out doing something than watching someone else do something.