A Friendly Warning.

johng

Hopefully it will be sorted soon anyway, as I said earlier in the post A1 put their trust in the guide as do the payers, I would have rather he said  " don't travel up yet as there are no pigeons." Far better than saying they were there when they were not. I would never make a guide     I am too honest.( reference to the guide on the day ) Like others have said  undoubtedly there as some really genuine and efficient guides out there; and probably most put in maximum effort  I would like to see a post naming them as it is probable I will have to pay again to shoot pigeons.

Edited by johng

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Only paid a couple of times and KW and myself booked up with Will Beasley we had a couple of good days he was round all day checking on us even moved us at one time as the birds were not coming in in any number set us up different place and ended up with a good day..

His dad Phil even asked us if we would stop a couple more days free to help out as there was that many birds about he could not get enough shooters..

Typical KW had to get home as he was working the next day, and he would not put a sick note in i was retired so didn't matter..

Edited by hawkeye

Hi all,

I have personally called the guide to clear things up and sort out a free day for Johng. The guide informed me when he put the John out for the day and he noticed there wasn't a lot about, so he explained he would drive around the estate (which hes said is a huge estate) to find where they were to find a better location. He never just 'left him' there and went. He caught John driving out of the estate mid afternoon (3 ish) and said he'd found a great field with lots of birds if you wanted to move, he showed John the area, but John said its over 1 1/2 hours back home so we'll head home now. The guide (Nick, who seems very genuine) said no problem give me a call you can have a free day whenever you want, on Spring drillings or the harvest. He understands the frustration paying £120 and not having many shots but he did find somewhere with lots of birds if he wanted to stay, and offered a free day suited to the customer which he will keep his word too. 

Nick, the guide, the guide has arranged to call the customer and arrange a day, either on the spring drillings or harvest in either Wiltshire and South Wales. He also said hes had a lot of our clients go back to him they were so happy with the days they have last summer and visited him this year already and were very pleased, so sounds like this customer had a one off bad day. 

Hopefully John will have a great day and will report back! 

To add, 

Apart from John, we have not had any complaints regarding the pigeon shooting. We had a father and son call us in summer to let us know how pleased they were with their day, and sent a picture of them with their shot birds, over 100.  

Instead of having the pigeon days listed and being able to 'pay now' on our site, we are instead are taking contact details of anyone who would be interested in any pigeon shooting in spring time or summer, usually farmers let us know a couple of days before so we ring down the list of people and see if they'd be interested and feel it works better this way.

Instead of posting on forums if customers let us know a problem hadn't been rectified we could make sure it was, we don't have time to check forums for posts daily so please do message us and let us know. 

Aimee @ A1

Edited by A1Decoy

Well truthfully that is not how it was, and if necessary I have a witness who can verify MY FACTS. We did meet the guide on the way home at 4ish ( not 3ish )and he showed us some pigeons on some laid corn that was inaccessible as the field had not been combined. HE promised to ring me as soon as it was combined but has not rung yet. As far as contacting A1 I rang 4 times and was told each time it would be sorted out and until I posted on here NOTHING HAS HAPPENED.  I hope this is the end of it and I look forward to my free day and some great shooting.

7 hours ago, A1Decoy said:

Hi all,

I have personally called the guide to clear things up and sort out a free day for Johng. The guide informed me when he put the John out for the day and he noticed there wasn't a lot about, so he explained he would drive around the estate (which hes said is a huge estate) to find where they were to find a better location. He never just 'left him' there and went. He caught John driving out of the estate mid afternoon (3 ish) and said he'd found a great field with lots of birds if you wanted to move, he showed John the area, but John said its over 1 1/2 hours back home so we'll head home now. The guide (Nick, who seems very genuine) said no problem give me a call you can have a free day whenever you want, on Spring drillings or the harvest. He understands the frustration paying £120 and not having many shots but he did find somewhere with lots of birds if he wanted to stay, and offered a free day suited to the customer which he will keep his word too. 

Nick, the guide, the guide has arranged to call the customer and arrange a day, either on the spring drillings or harvest in either Wiltshire and South Wales. He also said hes had a lot of our clients go back to him they were so happy with the days they have last summer and visited him this year already and were very pleased, so sounds like this customer had a one off bad day. 

Hopefully John will have a great day and will report back! 

To add, 

Apart from John, we have not had any complaints regarding the pigeon shooting. We had a father and son call us in summer to let us know how pleased they were with their day, and sent a picture of them with their shot birds, over 100.  

Instead of having the pigeon days listed and being able to 'pay now' on our site, we are instead are taking contact details of anyone who would be interested in any pigeon shooting in spring time or summer, usually farmers let us know a couple of days before so we ring down the list of people and see if they'd be interested and feel it works better this way.

Instead of posting on forums if customers let us know a problem hadn't been rectified we could make sure it was, we don't have time to check forums for posts daily so please do message us and let us know. 

Aimee @ A1

as much as it pains me to disagree with a fellow pw trader . ive had dealings with you , and was most dissatisfied . as you have advised ,  i contacted you several times and explained my problem , i got totally ignored and didnt receive any kind of reply.   again, it pains me to say it , but , i feel ripped off by your company , ignoring me just rubbed salt into the wound.

i voted with my feet , and have bought nothing from you since , and will buy nothing from you in the future .

10 hours ago, mel b3 said:

as much as it pains me to disagree with a fellow pw trader . ive had dealings with you , and was most dissatisfied . as you have advised ,  i contacted you several times and explained my problem , i got totally ignored and didnt receive any kind of reply.   again, it pains me to say it , but , i feel ripped off by your company , ignoring me just rubbed salt into the wound.

i voted with my feet , and have bought nothing from you since , and will buy nothing from you in the future .

Please contact me with the problem, your name and details and we will try our best to resolve. We never just ignore problems on purpose and always try our best to sort things out, since I've been here I try my best to sort anything out and don't want any customer to feel ripped off. 

Aimee @ A1 

4 hours ago, A1Decoy said:

Please contact me with the problem, your name and details and we will try our best to resolve. We never just ignore problems on purpose and always try our best to sort things out, since I've been here I try my best to sort anything out and don't want any customer to feel ripped off. 

Aimee @ A1 

No thank you , I tried at the time(twice) , and learned my lesson, I won't waste any more time on the matter.

Hopefully you will get a satisfactory result.

I have to say I have bought many things from A1 Decoy and always found their service top class.

In fact, they have fixed a broken flapper that was well out of warranty for free, without being asked for anything.

I can only speak from my experience, but I would definitely recommend them to anyone buying decoying gear.

I agree, actually this week I have bought some new netting from A1 and have had excellent service. I have absolutely no complaints about their equipment sales, I have dealt with them for years and NEVER had a problem on that side of the business.

To be honest it sounds like a very fair solution and does seem that it was offered on the day back in August. Winter shooting for pigeons is probably the least reliable time to be guiding so if they have offered spring drillings or harvest shooting, it seems more likely that you will get a good day.

To my knowledge it’s the first time an A1 guided shoot has been posted like this and everyone knows bad days can and do happen. There are clearly two sides to the story and A1 are somewhere in the middle. Everything here seems to be resolved and so I think this topic has run its course.