Italy

ditchman

QUESTION

if the Italian govt' goes to the far right as a result of the elections tomorrow....

1. will it bring down the main bank (propped up by billions of euro)
  2. will it prompt a referendum vote for the Italians

if this does happen...will it be the end of the EU......................and behind the doors in #10...do they know this and are they playing for time ...so we can deal with an EU parliament that has been severly weakened.................

just some thoughts on commentary made by the news services a year or so ago

what do you reckon ?

Blimey Ditchy, what have you had for breakfast?

Italy will follow Greece into penury, followed closely by Spain. The UK will look back in ten years and consider itself fortunate to have escaped the clutches of the EU.

Edited by JDog

1 minute ago, JDog said:

Blimey Ditchy, what have you had for breakfast?

Italy will follow Greece into penury, followed closely by Spain. The UK will look back in ten years and consider itself fortunate to have escaped the clutches of th EU.

Sorry JD........i havnt opened the shed for 3 days...:lol:..(when this happens ZAPP keeps a close eye on my posting..:lol:)

it just seems when following politics....all the really important stuff that could alter the future....is just reported in short throw a way remarks...or a quick line on the ticker tape......the result of what happens tomorrow in Italy if it goes the wrong way for the EU parliament could be caterstrofic for Yunker et al..................

watch this space i say..

JDog is right The EU will do all it can to prop up Italys financial woes as it is desperate to stop the Euro failing as a currency and the member countries falling back to their original currencies. Would also put Italy in the same position as Greece unable to ever get out of its indebtedness to the European Bank so unable to get out of the intended Federation of Europe. 

Lets also not forget that Portugal and Spain are also in dire straits and staring into the abyss.

23 minutes ago, Ricko said:

I read this last week about the rise of CasaPound in Italy, a far right organisation, very interesting

https://www.theguardian.com/news/2018/feb/22/casapound-italy-mussolini-fascism-mainstream

Interesting, never heard of them before.
Even more interesting, a fairly balanced, unbiased story from the Guardian about it !!

The opinion polls strongly suggest a right wing coalition government next week for Italy.
What they do with it is debatable, Italian politics is notoriously corrupt, and Berlesconi is like a teflon don !
Although Im sure most Italians would like to tell the EU to do one, referendums in other countries that recommended a eurosceptic posture came to nothing.
As much as I would like to see Italy, or any other EU country start their own 'leave' operations, I wont be holding my breath any time soon.

Because the Euro is used by a whole range of "independent" economies it cannot be allowed to fail. The Mediterranean country's are struggling because the Euro value is far too high for them. Conversely for Germany and France it is far too low. This means that German manufactured goods are sold on the world market at a lower cost. This is why Germany is prepared to pump billions into keeping the Euro alive. It also helps their policy's by enslaving struggling country's to their bidding. Greece had an election to tell Germany to go forth and multiply, but the new government soon found out they were so far in they could not escape. The only country who have democratically escaped this type of financial stranglehold is Iceland. After their banking collapse the UK pumped in £B's. They then held a referendum as to "shall we pay it back or not" surprisingly the not vote won. What happened to that cash? it all went very quirt very quickly. I don't expect that Germany will roll over like the UK did.

Fear not Ditchmam , every thing in Europe is fine , Europe is united , financially sound.  talk of disarray and collapse are just that talk !

The UK is the one running headlong into a financial disaster , high unemployment, disease and famine because we foolishly choose to breakaway from the stability and security that is the European Union ...

And the neck time they take this white jacket off I’ll explain how to get permissions over the phone ...win the lottery without buying a ticket and how to train a Dalmatian to retrieve only the oysters that contain pearls ....

9 minutes ago, moose man said:

Fear not Ditchmam , every thing in Europe is fine , Europe is united , financially sound.  talk of disarray and collapse are just that talk !

The UK is the one running headlong into a financial disaster , high unemployment, disease and famine because we foolishly choose to breakaway from the stability and security that is the European Union ...

And the neck time they take this white jacket off I’ll explain how to get permissions over the phone ...win the lottery without buying a ticket and how to train a Dalmatian to retrieve only the oysters that contain pearls ....

who's tongue ...in who's cheek please...thats what i need to know :lol:

If the right of the political spectrum is on the rise in Italy and elsewhere, then the liberal elite have nobody but themselves to blame. They have encouraged and abetted unbridled third world imigration without any political mandate to do so. Their haughty arrogance in dismissing the rise of populist movements speaks volume. If their own policies resonated with the people they would be the populists.

2 hours ago, ditchman said:

Sorry JD........i havnt opened the shed for 3 days...:lol:..(when this happens ZAPP keeps a close eye on my posting..:lol:)

it just seems when following politics....all the really important stuff that could alter the future....is just reported in short throw a way remarks...or a quick line on the ticker tape......the result of what happens tomorrow in Italy if it goes the wrong way for the EU parliament could be caterstrofic for Yunker et al..................

watch this space i say..

Couldn't happen to a nicer EU I say.

The EU is on the skids anyway but of course the likes of Junker, Tusk, et al, will hang on with their nails even if it destroys the member countries. The Czechs are for getting out, Poland not far behind as is quite a few in the eastern States.  Even Germany has it leavers. When MSN had a response forum below it's daily news a number of us predicted exactly what is happening and said it would probably take 10 to 15yrs, that's about 12yrs ago.  MSN did not like it ..they mirror the BBC in attitude and closed the forum. Used to have a little comment ..we are trying to find a better way for readers to comment, or words to that effect.  I do believe that Italy is likely to give Brussels the two fingers any time soon.  Ireland are not far behind but have a Prime Minister sucking on the front tit of the EU hoping to get an unelected job there when he gets booted at the next elelction . Bring it on.

Edited by Walker570

The countries currently licking on the EU treacle stick will soon see their electorate demanding a vote to leave, when they twig there is no more free treacle available! And ordinary people realise, they were conned...........they never received any free treacle anyway! They were just sold into hock by those who benefitted from membership!

Amongst the reasons the UK voted out, was not only to control immigration and restore sovereignty, but because the majority of ordinary UK voters contributed billions in, but got sweet **** all out of membership, it would not surprise me in the least to find, a large majority of the current remoaners, are the ones who were/are getting any/all the benefits EU membership provides/provided......

2 hours ago, TriBsa said:

If the right of the political spectrum is on the rise in Italy and elsewhere, then the liberal elite have nobody but themselves to blame. They have encouraged and abetted unbridled third world imigration without any political mandate to do so. Their haughty arrogance in dismissing the rise of populist movements speaks volume. If their own policies resonated with the people they would be the populists.

Correct  :yes:

5 hours ago, panoma1 said:

The countries currently licking on the EU treacle stick will soon see their electorate demanding a vote to leave, when they twig there is no more free treacle available! And ordinary people realise, they were conned...........they never received any free treacle anyway! They were just sold into hock by those who benefitted from membership!

Amongst the reasons the UK voted out, was not only to control immigration and restore sovereignty, but because the majority of ordinary UK voters contributed billions in, but got sweet **** all out of membership, it would not surprise me in the least to find, a large majority of the current remoaners, are the ones who were/are getting any/all the benefits EU membership provides/provided......

:good: +1

5 hours ago, panoma1 said:

Spot on !

Italy cant leave the EU no matter how much they may want to. They are caught like a fly in a spider's web.

Italy, ( like Spain and Greece), is in too deep financially to be able to walk away, not a position Britain wants to ever find itself in.

Italy, Spain and Greece are being deliberately starved to death by the EU. Why? who knows? maybe they plan to take them over or maybe its just because they can.

When we see how the EU treats these countries with such utter contempt, the Remainers should take note, but they won't.  

Edited by Vince Green