Wildfowling Fees ?

Gerry78

I Shoot a couple of clubs wanted to ask forum one of the clubs i shoot duck on is increasing there fees to near 400 quid its shooting on a inland lough Now i know some members dont like saying what there paying and i respect that but i think the price is getting a bit of a disgrace the lough is a bit hit and miss depending on the water levels so wanted to ask what fees on average yous are paying

16 hours ago, Gerry78 said:

I Shoot a couple of clubs wanted to ask forum one of the clubs i shoot duck on is increasing there fees to near 400 quid its shooting on a inland lough Now i know some members dont like saying what there paying and i respect that but i think the price is getting a bit of a disgrace the lough is a bit hit and miss depending on the water levels so wanted to ask what fees on average yous are paying

I assume this is a private club? More like a syndicate? Where the members pay a fee to the "club" and those that rent the shooting pay the private landowner (as its inland) for access? Do the club put duck down? If so how many? If so there will be feed costs to factor in!

Work out how many members there are that pay £400, and how much the landowner is paid by the club for the access....how much is paid for reared duck put down and feed for them.....if any? You can then work out the approximate difference between fees and actual costs, and decide for yourself whether the fees are excessive!

Edited by panoma1

Thanks for the replys lads theres between 35-40 members in the club They pay the farmers money each season by the committee to use there lands for excess i dont know what the fees are same as the rest of the membership they dont put duck down and the insurance is with country sports ireland they left BASC saying it was to expensive I shoot pigeons foxes rabbits etc for free so think im goin to give it a miss:good:

Yes the books are passed around at the AGM But landowners fees not on them its just not the fees its the restrictions only  allowed wed and sat shooting ive been in the club years dont want "cut my nose off spite my face"just dont know what to do :/

20 hours ago, panoma1 said:

35/40 members @ £400 per member........... wow!..........14/16 thousand pounds? JesusHFC!! someone's on to a good little earner!

Some clubs are now putting up subscriptions ( mine included ) to boost there bank balance up in case any marshes come up for sale and then they are in a better position to buy them.

I have already heard one or two older members are dropping out due to age and the subs are getting to expensive , so have the club really gained anything ? , by having less members who are paying more. 

As a renewing over 60 years of age member of KWCA my subs this year are reduced (for this year only) due to a rebate of former BASC payments; this is due to (as I'm sure people are aware by now) our disaffiliation from BSAC. 

So for thousands of acres of inland and coastal wildfowling and year round pigeon and vermin shooting in several counties my subs this year will be £30.50, Yes £30.50, that's not a typo, fully insured.

:):):)

1 hour ago, Diabolo said:

As a renewing over 60 years of age member of KWCA my subs this year are reduced (for this year only) due to a rebate of former BASC payments; this is due to (as I'm sure people are aware by now) our disaffiliation from BSAC. 

So for thousands of acres of inland and coastal wildfowling and year round pigeon and vermin shooting in several counties my subs this year will be £30.50, Yes £30.50, that's not a typo, fully insured.

:):):)

Well done you Diabolo , .... What would your subs be without this years rebate , also is there any reduction in subs when a member has been in the club for a number of years ( say 15 / 20 ) and reach a certain age , like 65.

You can email me if you are breaching club rules by putting it on an open forum.

From the KWCA website (no secret, open for anyone to read): BSAT rebate only applies to renewing existing members - what's not to like!  :yes:

Membership
Subscription rates for 1 April 2018 to 31 March 2019

For new members:

New Full member: £206
New Senior member (Over 60): £125.5
Air Rifle Hunter member: £156
Air Rifle Target member: £80
Junior (under 18): £26
Fishing £50 , or add to the above for £25

Country member: £60
Associate member: £30

Fishing £50, or add to any of the above for £25

A £15 Administration Fee applies to New Full And New Senior memberships.

There are reductions for people over the age of sixty, full members completing five years service and further reductions for those completing twenty five years service.

Please note that our annual subscription runs from 1st April to 31 March, there is no discount for joining partway through the year.

If you want to talk to someone about joining the club or if you require further information please telephone 07836 771715 or e-mail join@kentwildfowlers.co.uk

22 minutes ago, Diabolo said:

From the KWCA website (no secret, open for anyone to read): BSAT rebate only applies to renewing existing members - what's not to like! 

Membership
Subscription rates for 1 April 2018 to 31 March 2019

For new members:

New Full member: £206
New Senior member (Over 60): £125.5
Air Rifle Hunter member: £156
Air Rifle Target member: £80
Junior (under 18): £26
Fishing £50 , or add to the above for £25

Country member: £60
Associate member: £30

Fishing £50, or add to any of the above for £25

A £15 Administration Fee applies to New Full And New Senior memberships.

There are reductions for people over the age of sixty, full members completing five years service and further reductions for those completing twenty five years service.

Please note that our annual subscription runs from 1st April to 31 March, there is no discount for joining partway through the year.

If you want to talk to someone about joining the club or if you require further information please telephone 07836 771715 or e-mail join@kentwildfowlers.co.uk

THANKS Dibolo , ...... That seem a very fair range of pricing . I like the one of a senior new member over 60 is £125 and another reduction after completing five and twenty five years service.

I am now coming up to 71 and only ever been in two clubs since 1965 , my present club don't have any reductions for length of service or reaching state pension age , this season ( and last ) the subs are going up £25  to give them some extra funds to purchase any land that come available for wildfowling , fair enough , but old age will catch up with anyone and before long I will have to decide weather to carry on paying nearly £250 for going on club land for the odd goose , ( last year I only went five times on club land ) or call it a day at club level and just go on my marshes which are very good marshes for duck and are only  a mile or so from my house. and this years extra £25 might well be the deciding factor .

You're very welcome Marshman! I don't take anywhere near full advantage of the shooting available with membership of KWCA since I moved from Kent border up to where I am now in south Lincs, but what there is within striking distance makes it worthwhile still. Saying that since we disaffiliated from BASC I will probably join one of the local clubs up here around The Wash again this year as well to take advantage of the BASC affiliated membership so I can get out on day permits various places. Nothings ever perfect!

• 3 weeks later...

Going on your spelling of lough, and reference to this years water level issues I assume you are also Northern Ireland based. My understanding of wildfowling here is that there is much higher demand for club memberships than on the mainland and less suitable/available land to provide competition which pushes the prices well above the mainland. 

That said if I have a job in NI next year I'll give you £420 for the membership, getting into a club here seems impossible. 

I was a member of a club that rented the shooting on part of the foreshore directly from a farmer for a healthy sum, in fact it was so much money they relinquished the lease for a couple of years. But bags declined so much without this prime stretch they dipped into their pockets and continued to lease it. But to cut a long story short the farmer did not own it!! He was a tenant and was sub letting sporting rights he did not own or have himself, the owner retained them. Anyway dodgy boy walked away many thousands of pounds richer and he club lost out. The land was bought for a kind of managed retreat scheme and if the clubs lease had been bona fide the new owners would have honoured the previous arrangement. Morale of the story always get a lease in writing.

Maximum security of tenure is always the preferred outcome of course, although not always achievable.

Preferences should be in this order: freehold ownership; ownership of sporting rights; long lease; short lease; licence; handshake.

The brutal truth is that all non-permanent arrangements will eventually come to an end sometime. Trying to future-proof ourselves remains the challenge

Alan

Wb123 ive never had a problem getting into a duck club here in n ireland if you contact BASC They have a list of clubs depending on what you want coastal wildfowling or inland duck shooting its just the price of that club i posted is double the price of other clubs im in