Suzuki grand vitara

ips

Going looking at one tomorrow as a second vehicle purely as a shooting and gundog truck. It's a three door 04 plate in good condition (apparently) 103k miles part service history.

Had anyone got any experience of these...

Anything to look out for on viewing

Off road capability

Reliability

Cost of running

Etc etc etc

Thanks stimo

It's a 1.6 pics look very good, dealer says it's as good as it looks on the pics, it's got bull bar, chrome bumper bar and side step things. Privacy glass on rear sides and tailgate oh and it's had timing belt done..tax I think is £280 so not bad really ?

I had a 2003 model in er....2003. Only problem that I had was with the air con. It went into the main agents Crapplehouse Garage on 3 separate occasions, to have the air con fixed. Each time they had it all day.  After the third occasion of being assured they had tested it and it was certainly working, I checked it out myself and found a plug in the wiring had come adrift . Reconnected plug THEN it worked. Apart from that and a dire lack of boot space, it was BRILLIANT. I tried everything on several shoots to get it stuck, it never did.

Hang onto the privacy glass, it'll be handy if you decide to do a bit of 'dealing'.  !  :good:

17 minutes ago, kenholland said:

still using my 1999 s v 4 u 1.6 96000 on the clock never missed a beat , what more can I say.

Good to know thanks

10 minutes ago, Westley said:

I had a 2003 model in er....2003. Only problem that I had was with the air con. It went into the main agents Crapplehouse Garage on 3 separate occasions, to have the air con fixed. Each time they had it all day.  After the third occasion of being assured they had tested it and it was certainly working, I checked it out myself and found a plug in the wiring had come adrift . Reconnected plug THEN it worked. Apart from that and a dire lack of boot space, it was BRILLIANT. I tried everything on several shoots to get it stuck, it never did.

Hang onto the privacy glass, it'll be handy if you decide to do a bit of 'dealing'.  !  :good:

Ha

Air con won't be an issue brrr

New member and just saw your post. Echo those favourable remarks above. Mine is a 3 door 1.6 2005,  89,000 on the clock. Had it 9 years and  renewed the radiator, (two hours easy job) Farm tracks and a bit of off road out to Pigeon hides but nothing too lumpy, but it's brilliant anyway, never been stuck. I've had a Shogun, Daihatsu  and an old  diesel SWB Landy but the little Vitara wins hands down. Loved the Landy but my fillings kept falling out...:lol: 

12 minutes ago, sierra 11 said:

New member and just saw your post. Echo those favourable remarks above. Mine is a 3 door 1.6 2005,  89,000 on the clock. Had it 9 years and  renewed the radiator, (two hours easy job) Farm tracks and a bit of off road out to Pigeon hides but nothing too lumpy, but it's brilliant anyway, never been stuck. I've had a Shogun, Daihatsu  and an old  diesel SWB Landy but the little Vitara wins hands down. Loved the Landy but my fillings kept falling out...:lol: 

Many thanks be same model as this one then ? Sounds like there as good as they sound. I only want three door because I think they look sooo cool 

PS welcome

I had the last lwb vitara before they turned into GV's. 2l Diesel and although not refined that little truck would go anywhere with a set Insa tyres. No major problems  but towards the end of its life the gearstick used to feel like it jumped out of the box and would go all floppy cock, but that was probably abuse rather than a failing of the maker!:lol:

• 2 weeks later...

Hiya, Just seen your post, I have an 02 plate 1.6 Suzuki GV, the inner sills are gone, so, its been used as a shoot car for the last 4 years, love it to bits, just cant get it stuck,  its pulled my mates L200 out the mire on more than one occasion...I changed the original 16in wheels for a set of 15in off a Jimny, and had to buy a set of spacers for the front wheels, no big issue tho...mine still starts well, even after the long freeze and snow we had here recently, in fact, I've  been using it to try and jump start the "new" shoot car, a 2.7D Terranno....The Suzy will be there for ( i hope) another 4 years, as the spare shoot car...No hesitations in recommending you get that one...:)

wee%20jeep4_zpscqscfxgm.jpg

wee%20jeep_zpsew7ggbdv.jpg

Edited by Norrie

• 1 month later...