Brandy

Alex C

Remmy Martin is a nice smooth drink,but any of the big names will be appreciated. You could always ask in a roundabout way what he prefers to drink, say a fella at work loves brandy and swears by Hennesy, ask your mate his thoughts as he is a brandy drinker you should get your answer without giving the game away.

8 hours ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

Alternatively up the game and search out a good bottle of Armagnac.

Look for something like Chateau du Tariquet VSOP Bas 

I hope your friend appreciates the gesture.

Definitely +1

Armagnac every time

Edited by amateur

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Not coz I is Greek and all that :whistling:, but Metaxa 7 star is lovely and the Metaxa 12 star is even better.

With Metaxa, the more stars the better, but starting from 7 and upwards, I doubt your friend would be disappointing.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Metaxa-Original-Greek-Spirit-Stars/dp/B0029RF0FW/ref=sr_1_1_s_it?s=grocery&ie=UTF8&qid=1523464565&sr=1-1&keywords=metaxa+7+star

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Metaxa-Original-Greek-Spirit-Stars/dp/B00AB24M4C/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1523464195&sr=8-1&keywords=metaxa+12+star#customerReviews

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/04/2018 at 17:25, figgy said:

Three Barrels good grief man, its not fit for de greasing the action of my gun 

Isn’t it funny? I have got a real nose for ale (I am one of those awful beer anoraks who sniff and swirl and hold their pint up to the light) and for scotch whisky (very choosy about the distillery/region/age-statement), but, for red wine and brandy, I will honestly drink any old sh!te :lol:

I bleddy love the Sainsbury’s “French Brandy” - the stuff that is not even 40% abv, and designed for cooking. I have been known to quaff it from a wine glass before...

LS

PS: to stay on topic, go for a brand if you’re not sure. Father in law always treats me to Remy Martin when we are there, but, if I’m being honest, it’s a bit too dry and fragrant for my rather pedestrian tastes.