PW RIFLE SHOOT AND CAMPING WEEKEND

SPARKIE

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ýes I got stuck, it happens occasionally if you go off road,  but then you wouldn't know having a Chelsea tractor would you. 

Anyway don't seem to have seen you out over the weekend ??? Couldn't you get a pass out off the Mrs ???

Anything else coming out from the weekend ??? Come on you pair get it over  !!! 

10 hours ago, Dougy said:

Ýes I got stuck, it happens occasionally if you go off road,  but then you wouldn't know having a Chelsea tractor would you.  he has the same car as you lol

Anyway don't seem to have seen you out over the weekend ??? Couldn't you get a pass out off the Mrs ???      He's not aloud out of Manchester his tag will go off.

Anything else coming out from the weekend ??? Come on you pair get it over  !!!    was there anything else we could take the mickey out off?

• 3 weeks later...
On 18/04/2018 at 11:54, SPARKIE said:

That's it chaps all paid up with gardners.

righto a list of people who want 7.62 tracers at £70 per hundred.

flynny

mad1

I had 100 or so 5.56/.223 tracers, if they are still in the safe I'll bring them along

Also plan to load up some 6.5x55 Swede tracer rounds...

spoken to marc last night I'm holding off on the tracer purchase for a bit as if its too dry closer to the time they wont want us using them incase of fire.... if people want me to just get them anyhow let me know....but ya may not be able to shoot them. so don't just turn up with tracers only lol

7 hours ago, Dougy said:

Were do you get the 6.5 tracers from ? 

Pulled tracer bullets from Swedish army ammo...
The ranges there still at times have free to use stocks of 6.5 ammo for anyone that wants it, but they're only allowed to shoot FMJ on  most ranges, so a mate gets the tracer and pulls the bullets for me.

• 1 month later...

About the .50

This is the FCSA (UK) club rifle, a short barrelled Fortmieir that develops under 10,000ft/lbf (Home Office approved) which is how we can let you have a go with it.

It will be zero'ed at 1,000m and people have managed to get onto the 1mile gong with it.

Jim

FCSA (UK) Club Secretary

11 minutes ago, Jim DiGriz said:

About the .50

This is the FCSA (UK) club rifle, a short barrelled Fortmieir that develops under 10,000ft/lbf (Home Office approved) which is how we can let you have a go with it.

It will be zero'ed at 1,000m and people have managed to get onto the 1mile gong with it.

Jim

FCSA (UK) Club Secretary

And don't forget your ear defenders, you will need them. It's kind of like an explosion. ?

I will take extra extra plugs and some big cans for those that want them. 

18 minutes ago, fister said:

Is the 50 braked and under a roof?

If you wish to try firing without the brake I'm happy to oblige, not sure where you would land though.:)

It depends on the weather, if it is sunny we can move forwards, if not we would be using the covered firing points.

Firing Points.JPG

7 hours ago, Dougy said:

When your on the restaurant ? roof you see the firing point roof panels lift. 

For all those wanting a go carry on, fill your boots. But I'll be having a cuppa over the hill out of the way. ?

Good idea Dougy - the knoll above the firing point is quite a nice vantage point from which to watch the tracer  -  whilst recovering from being punch drunk from the .50's ?

Evening Gentlemen,

Regrettably the plans for a carer to look after The Memsahib have gone awry.   I have to call off my visit to Scotland.   As Sparkie has said above, there is now a vacancy for the weekend.

If anyone wants to take my place at this fantastic venue and superb weekend's shooting then please PM me.

Sorry friends - I am gutted at having to cancel but have no alternative.   I wish you all a fantastic weekend and camping. 

Ben

17 minutes ago, Grandalf said:

Evening Gentlemen,

Regrettably the plans for a carer to look after The Memsahib have gone awry.   I have to call off my visit to Scotland.   As Sparkie has said above, there is now a vacancy for the weekend.

If anyone wants to take my place at this fantastic venue and superb weekend's shooting then please PM me.

Sorry friends - I am gutted at having to cancel but have no alternative.   I wish you all a fantastic weekend and camping. 

Ben

Very sad to hear that Ben, something that just cant be helped. Wish you both ALL the very best. 

For those that have not met grandalf your going to miss out on meeting a lovely gent. 

47 minutes ago, Grandalf said:

Evening Gentlemen,

Ben

Very sorry to hear that you can't come Ben - as always it would have been good to see you. Best wishes to you both.