PW RIFLE SHOOT AND CAMPING WEEKEND

SPARKIE

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

One is far far too important my friend ?

Our Annual leave is allocated in November for the following April through to end March- I’ve used all of my guaranteed days off on kids birthdays etc, besides which, it’s a min 6 week lead in time for all requests —- joys (or not) of my choice of career.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi just an update for the non local folks attending this meet; the weather up here has been fantastic since early May with only Hector depositing rain in our region; temperatures into the early 30's regular.  The local forecast is good to great for the next fortnight.  Hopefully this will continue til the end of July. ps dont forget the factor 50 and the midgy pellant.  Remember the ground everywhere is dry and unintentional fire risk is high.

I also will be considering wisely my cooking methods prior to visiting.  I suggest others do the same to minimise risk of fire.

cheers martin.... dougy I had a word with marc reference tracers when I paid and the word was depends closer to the time dependant on weather... I  also spoken to Darren and he has some but I've not bought any yet just incase.  I do already have 100 loaded of my own but looks like I may have to go buy some more lapua brass and take some extra tmk's or buy some factory.

Its the same with bonfires at night. will know closer to the time...may have to bring the generator and lighting for night time....

I'm planning on dossing down in my pick up I think. sooner than a tent don't fancy dragging the palace up there.

Edited by SPARKIE

6 hours ago, 1971silversurfer said:

Hi just an update for the non local folks attending this meet; the weather up here has been fantastic since early May with only Hector depositing rain in our region; temperatures into the early 30's regular.  The local forecast is good to great for the next fortnight.  Hopefully this will continue til the end of July. ps dont forget the factor 50 and the midgy pellant.  Remember the ground everywhere is dry and unintentional fire risk is high.

I also will be considering wisely my cooking methods prior to visiting.  I suggest others do the same to minimise risk of fire.

If its that warm it will probably be salads only ?

Ive got a generator too say may bring that, you may want to use it to power your cooker on. I'll see if i can get it on the back of the truck. lol

I will probably stay in the truck too, i could serve you all breakfast when i wake up. lol

4 hours ago, super sharp shooter said:

What time do we need to be there on Saturday morning ?

unsure ill find out what time we will be shooting...usually about 9ish start.

I think a lot of us will be turning up Friday afternoon.

2 minutes ago, flynny said:

Martyn, what's the score with shooting, ie if there's 20 places can 20 people shoot at the same time ie have a stand / platform to shoot off?? Or are we allotted times per different distance on the range?

flynny

Not sparkie but,

You could shoot in details but to be honest people shooting would take natural breaks anyway. It's unlikely folk will shoot on one stand all day. I'm sure there will be firing points outside of the container as well. Can't remember how many firing points there are under cover but I'd guess at around 8, if there are any outside that's were I will be for sure. 

12 minutes ago, Dougy said:

Not sparkie but,

You could shoot in details but to be honest people shooting would take natural breaks anyway. It's unlikely folk will shoot on one stand all day. I'm sure there will be firing points outside of the container as well. Can't remember how many firing points there are under cover but I'd guess at around 8, if there are any outside that's were I will be for sure. 

Cheers John, just wondered is all, we will all be talking ballcocks anyway lol lol

just glad to meet up with the PW guys again

flynny

pretty much what dougy said flynny…. if the weather is **** then we will be shooting from inside under cover where we will have to rotate and let guns cool and spot for each other as im sure most will want to see how far they can push there gear.... if its nice we can shoot from in front of the container moving the bench's outside. we are also planning on taking some of robs bench's too and if anyone had a range matt they can use then that's fine too.

most of us are there 2 days and I know from experience 150-200 bullets in a day can be shot easily.

as for fires and BBQ's we are going to have to play it by ear if the moors are too dry they wont want bonfires or tracers... I have just bought a rather large gas bbq so will be taking that sooner than having a coal one.

im planning on taking atleast

200x .308 rnds plus any tracers incase there ok.

100+ .303 rnds

and a couple hundred .17ah rnds

plus the .22lr

but then im there all weekend with mike