tonyshooter

Seat for a shooter with bad hips

for long days i use an aluminium directors chair off the bay,had to add a couple of inches to legs so i could stand up quick when needed,but shoot mainly sat,,have had an artificial left leg for more than 45 years an my right hip is very suspect now.all in all fallin apart but it wont stop me shootin.

Bergara Stag ..excellent piece of kit and the A1 Decoy chair looked useful although I have never used one.  I am the same, cannot stand for long periods due to sciatica/back pain.

The Stag seat also swivels well and I have shot driven partridge and pheasant from mine with success.

Got a nice swivel seat from Paul Hart a few years ago its good if you have a bad back,

good back rest and easy to shoot from sitting down..

I also made a rifle frame for my Bergara Stag seat.  Also note the added larger feet to stop them sinking.  The A1's had similar.

2017-07-26 12.35.22 (800x575).jpg

Edited by Walker570

Don't use one myself but when picking up on a renowned high partridge shoot have seen a couple of guns shooting very competently from the Bergerac Stag seats.

On 3/4/2018 at 22:36, tonyshooter said:

Hi,

Can anyone please recommend a seat / chair / etc for me to use in a hide, I have bad hips and being seated is a must.

Cheers.

Tony

Our new commander chair is tall enough you can shoot stood up, and its very comfortable! They break down into parts that if in a carrier bag. We do a range of other seats but this is the tallest, we do the rifle version as well which rifle parts can be removed to be the same as the commander.

http://www.a1decoy.co.uk/pigeon-commander-chair-3643-p.asp 

Plus 5% discount for being a PW member, place online or give us a call and i'll process it. 

I built my own, as I cannot carry heavy loads due to the bad back, I bought a carp fishers trolley second hand, screwed a large black fishing box to the frame, then fitted a boat fishing swivel seat to the box lid, added a full back rest , padded the seat and back rest and now sit in comfort with about 200 degree swivel and shoot ability, lots of gear in the box and tall bits strapped to the backrest / pulling handle, 

I also built an identical seat from an electric golf trolley so the drive battery doubles as my magnet power, work well but I prefer the pull along as its lighter to get in and out of the car.