eBay issue - plumbers help?

Lloyd90

3 hours ago, davewh100 said:

i take Lloyd90 has a fairly honest bloke and he admits he ticked the wrong box don't think there is any need for silly comments, this must put people of posting stuff on the forum 

Cheers Dave, a few people have said similar recently but oh well. 

This is still a good forum :) 

In many cases like this the seller can make a nominal charge for repackaging (if you opened the inside packaging) and a restocking fee! 

As for the blackmail claim? You are following a procedure that is in place to protect the buyer, pointing out this is the next course of action is far from blackmail. 

12 minutes ago, Lord Geordie said:

In many cases like this the seller can make a nominal charge for repackaging (if you opened the inside packaging) and a restocking fee! 

As for the blackmail claim? You are following a procedure that is in place to protect the buyer, pointing out this is the next course of action is far from blackmail. 

I would have been very happy with that. 

As per your second - that’s what I pointed out - I said to the sellers there’s no need for things to get silly - he agreed thankfully. 

Move onwards now :) I was out for last 20ish hours as was on flights to Oz :) 

1 hour ago, Jaymo said:

But, it did fit- you just didn’t need it :-)

We’re all guilty of buying things ‘just in case’ and taking said items back when not needed.

From a retailers ( especially a small one man band type) point of view it must be very frustrating thinking you have a sale to then a week later have to refund for the item and if there is any damage to the packaging, sell it on at a loss.

But anyway Lloyd, we know you one of the good ones- just some subjects best kept to yourself from the PW ‘Judge and Jury’ :-)

yeah very good advice jaymo

On 06/03/2018 at 10:29, mowdy said:

Another custard who thinks everyone should pay except them!

just man up and pay for your mistake

Seriously?

I take it you know Lloyd personally? Because if not that's one hell of an assumption to make about someone you don't know and in my opinion says more about you than him.

Lloyd has come on here to ask some advise, he's not trying to rip anyone off is he.

3 hours ago, stumfelter said:

This is like when people go into a gun shop and try a jacket on for size and say to the owner "I'll think about it" then go home and buy one off the internet cheaper happy in the knowledge that it will fit. Then come on here moaning that the local gunshop has closed!

I don’t recall buying it cheaper elsewhere afterwards lol 

personally id like it to going to a local store and saying “can I try it and if not needed bring it back?” 

And them saying “yes as long as the parts all fine afterwards” 

I did exactly this recently when I changed the locks on my new house and bought barrels from the local lock shop - I measured the size I thought I needed and he told me if it didn’t fit when I got home I could bring it back. 

6 hours ago, 12gauge82 said:

Seriously?

I take it you know Lloyd personally? Because if not that's one hell of an assumption to make about someone you don't know and in my opinion says more about you than him.

Lloyd has come on here to ask some advise, he's not trying to rip anyone off is he.

I think he’s a plumber (at the very least a tradesman) mate - don’t see what difference that makes but he took it very personally didn’t he ?

9 hours ago, Lloyd90 said:

I would have been very happy with that. 

As per your second - that’s what I pointed out - I said to the sellers there’s no need for things to get silly - he agreed thankfully. 

Move onwards now  I was out for last 20ish hours as was on flights to Oz  

You will love Oz. It's amazing :yes: