Fox hunting

Mice!

Her name is Kathy Scott. She’s a right orrible old trout. She needs locking up as a terrorist. She will routinely intimidate children and women. The Atherstone have nearly gone bust from her constant harassment. And she now likes to focus a lot of her attention on the Warwickshire. My mate being one of the whips texts me now and again to tell me that she’s made him famous with one of her videos again. 

Whether or not hunts are operating within the law is not for her and her cronies to monitor it’s a job for the police and these balaclava clad thugs should be locked up for harassment. 

42 minutes ago, Benthejockey said:

Her name is Kathy Scott. She’s a right orrible old trout. She needs locking up as a terrorist. She will routinely intimidate children and women. The Atherstone have nearly gone bust from her constant harassment. And she now likes to focus a lot of her attention on the Warwickshire. My mate being one of the whips texts me now and again to tell me that she’s made him famous with one of her videos again. 

Whether or not hunts are operating within the law is not for her and her cronies to monitor it’s a job for the police and these balaclava clad thugs should be locked up for harassment. 

If the hunt feel they are being harassed why dont they report her to the police? They are as entitled to protction the same as anyone else.

I have mentioned this to CA reps in the past and never got an answer.

I saw the article last night. I don’t think either side came across well. The CA representative appeared very weak and did notmake good viewing if you are a pro hunt supporter. I’ll probably be in a minority of one on our forum but fox hunting should be viewed in the same light as badger baiting and hare coursing. All being cruel activities that belong in the past when they were the most effective way of catching and killing of prey/pests. Leave the control of foxes to the lads that go lamping etc. 

Everyone is entitled to their own views ...... but the shouldn't expect everyone to have the same views, and shouldn't try to force their views on others.  That's a free society - and a law was passed (I didn't agree with it), but in a democracy, you abide by it whether you like it or not.  (Same as Brexit).  If you want the law changed, this must be done by the parliamentary process.

The hunt should stay legal - and the police should be the ones (and the ONLY ones) to police that.  The Hunt should be allowed to carry on their legal activities without interference, or hinderance - and if necessary the police should ensure that they can do so - because what they are doing is perfectly legal and they have a right to do it.

The so called 'sabs' try to prevent legal activities and behave in a bullying and threatening manner.  I would find being videoed by a mob dressed in clothing to conceal their identity as intimidation - and would expect the police to intervene to prevent it.

Intimidation and 'mob rule' must NEVER be allowed to prevail. 

12 minutes ago, JohnfromUK said:

Everyone is entitled to their own views ...... but the shouldn't expect everyone to have the same views, and shouldn't try to force their views on others.  That's a free society - and a law was passed (I didn't agree with it), but in a democracy, you abide by it whether you like it or not.  (Same as Brexit).  If you want the law changed, this must be done by the parliamentary process.

The hunt should stay legal - and the police should be the ones (and the ONLY ones) to police that.  The Hunt should be allowed to carry on their legal activities without interference, or hinderance - and if necessary the police should ensure that they can do so - because what they are doing is perfectly legal and they have a right to do it.

The so called 'sabs' try to prevent legal activities and behave in a bullying and threatening manner.  I would find being videoed by a mob dressed in clothing to conceal their identity as intimidation - and would expect the police to intervene to prevent it.

Wouldn't argue with any of this! It seems to me the police are more interested in the sabs right to protest than the hunts right to hunt within the law! I suspect there is an element of Political Correctness involved in the police's lack of enforcement of the deliberately inflammatory, bullying and intimidatory tactics of the sabs.

13 minutes ago, JohnfromUK said:

In a nutshell absolutely correct John.

The main problem at the moment seems to be to get the police to act? Hardly difficult is it as the meets are known.

In my view if you are going about your lawful activity whatever that is, no masked person should be able to interfere in any way. They should be put before the courts as we would likely be if going around in balaclavas intimidating others?

I’ll bite a little bit here Yates. Back when anything badger was banned the reason stated was to stop badger baiting. Now I was only young but it wasn’t the terrier men or proper country folk out and about controlling a pain in the **** apex predator that were badger baiting and I bet if any real unbiased research was done you’d find it was a small number of chavvy blokes out of the town that we’re doing it to see who’s got the bigger knob. And similarly to the handgun ban who suffered? The badgers and the law abiding citizen who was digging them and relocating them or digging them and shooting them and keeping the population in check. Did old Mr Badger Baiter give a monkeys? Nope he carried on just as they did dog fighting and the wrong uns carry on carrying illegal handguns. Now we’re in a position where the badger population is out of control and they’re riddled with disease and other wildlife is suffering. 

Hare coursing is no different to coursing rabbits. They get caught or they don’t. Even a lamped hare if it doesn’t get caught isn’t stupid and next time it sees a lamp it doesn’t sit around and ask questions he’s goneski. If a rabbit is ok to be ran around why is a hare any different? As prey animals they live in perpetual fear that their next **** may be their last so an exertion for a minute whilst a dog runs them isn’t the end of their world - unless they get caught - and maintains a strong healthy population. 

Fox hunting IS an effective means of population control if employed with other means. Every other method is indiscriminate. You look now and you’ll see people knocking foxes over left right and centre. I’ve got one myself I’ve got to go and sort out. But at this time of year the vixens are full of cubs or have already had them and for the next few months are busy rearing them. At least hunting has an off season. And again even if he’s run ragged all day Charlie isn’t going to lie awake at night in his den thinking about hounds, like all animals they live in the moment they don’t worry about things like humans do. 

Sorry to hijack the thread there! The police are harassed as much as the people out hunting. You only have to watch the videos and see them pointing the cameras in the faces of the policemen and recording badge numbers and making threats to report them for infringing their rights. The best thing I ever saw happen to Kathy Scott was she fell in a ditch. She definitely could only smell better after a wash with freezing cold ditch water! 

Was featured here last evening on BBC Look North, news programme for the north east and Cumbria.

While I missed the first few minutes what did strike me was the amount of attention and air time was given to the 'sabs' and that stupid woman. Who at one stage insisted that they [the sabs]  had a right to legally ride their quad bikes all over the countryside. The sabs themselves were shown riding their bikes wearing balaclavas, they said they wore them for safety reasons as it was cold, hardly a crash helmet in sight ???

They got at least 3 times the air time that the hunt members/organisers did.

So well done BBC for once again showing the degree of lefty bunny hugging bias which is an inherent part of news features re all things hunting shooting angling. Well maybe not angling so much, too many people go fishing for the BBC and the sabs to take on.............YET

I think you'll find the quad riders were hunt supporters rather than sabs

Edited to add I follow hounds on a quad, with dogs on board and I also have been advised to wear a mask as the sabs post your face pics on social media starting a witch-hunt to find out who you are, where you live and if you have your own business they set up a campain of hate and malicious phone calls combinating in death threats and the sorts.........and they claim the hunts are the bullys

Edited by Madness

5 hours ago, Sha Bu Le said:
7 hours ago, Benthejockey said:

Sorry to hijack the thread there!

So well done BBC for once again showing the degree of lefty bunny hugging bias which is an inherent part of news features re all things hunting shooting angling. Well maybe not angling so much, too many people go fishing for the BBC and the sabs to take on.............YET

Pretty sure they had a go at fishing not so long back but realised just how much of a hornets nest that was.

stuck two bits together not sure how? It's not hijacking at all ben, healthy discussion.

I used to shoot in Cheshire where farmers followed the hunt and had pups, general consensus was a healthy smart fox might well escape the hounds, no such luck with a bullet.

plus if you look at some areas of Cumbria or Scotland and wales, some wild areas where you probably need hounds to cover the ground, and find the foxes.

As for coursing this has been going on for generations, we've still got hares, just now folk shoot them.

I can recall a demonstration at a fishing match on ONE occasion.  I think the prospect of another 'early bath'  tended to be a bit off putting for them  !   :lol:

16 minutes ago, Mice! said:

Pretty sure they had a go at fishing not so long back but realised just how much of a hornets nest that was.

stuck two bits together not sure how? It's not hijacking at all ben, healthy discussion.

I used to shoot in Cheshire where farmers followed the hunt and had pups, general consensus was a healthy smart fox might well escape the hounds, no such luck with a bullet.

plus if you look at some areas of Cumbria or Scotland and wales, some wild areas where you probably need hounds to cover the ground, and find the foxes.

As for coursing this has been going on for generations, we've still got hares, just now folk shoot them.

OVERshoot them in some areas  ?

Edited by Westley

31 minutes ago, Mice! said:

....and this is where fox hunters lost the argument in my opinion; in that they couldn't seem to decide whether what they were doing was pest control or sport. If it's pest control why would they want to have a healthy fox population....unless it's sport of course. No sport involved in hunting a sick animal. Just a thought. 

5 minutes ago, Scully said:

....and this is where fox hunters lost the argument in my opinion; in that they couldn't seem to decide whether what they were doing was pest control or sport. If it's pest control why would they want to have a healthy fox population....unless it's sport of course. No sport involved in hunting a sick animal. Just a thought. 

Nobody likes to admit it functions as a bit of both. I do find it odd how we cant admit to enjoying either vermin control or deer stalking (it seems you have to work cull into the sentence).

I am firmly pro foxhunting, though I appreciate as pest control it is not a total solution. But it does in my experience provide a lot of rural employment, moves money out of towns to more rural populations, brings communities together, and provides a hell of a lot of fun. 

10 minutes ago, Wb123 said:

Nobody likes to admit it functions as a bit of both. I do find it odd how we cant admit to enjoying either vermin control or deer stalking (it seems you have to work cull into the sentence).

I am firmly pro foxhunting, though I appreciate as pest control it is not a total solution. But it does in my experience provide a lot of rural employment, moves money out of towns to more rural populations, brings communities together, and provides a hell of a lot of fun. 

With you on that.

Let's be honest about it, we shoot stuff because we enjoy it

54 minutes ago, Scully said:

Your right, they most certainly did enjoy following the hounds and the hunt which is for me why antis object to it, how can someone possibly enjoy hunting an animal?? if a fox goes to ground its then a choice as to whether its dug out or not.

49 minutes ago, Wb123 said:

On the money.

Can't imagine anyone on here or other similar sites who puts in the time money and miles they do if they didn't enjoy the shooting they do.

The vast majority of people shooting are shooting for sport. Whether it’s foxes, deer, pheasants or elephants. We all put down on our FAC application forms for vermin control etc but the vast majority of us aren’t pest controllers or professional deer stalkers we’re just men and women who like shooting guns and enjoy the thrill of the chase. Which is no different to hunting foxes with a pack of hounds. Hunting with hounds is both sport and fox control. The only reason it was banned is because it’s seen as something for rich people to do and the smelly unwashed activists don’t like people doing something they perceive as posh. That’s why driven pheasants and grouse shooting will eventually go because the hairy hippy types don’t like it and they have nothing to lose by wearing balaclavas and being violent. They won’t go to jail, at worst they’ll get a suspended sentence whereas for any retaliation we as upstanding members of society would stand to lose guns, jobs and our liberty. 

I’ve got nothing against fox hunting, however they have know respect for the land what so ever. They think nothing of galloping 60 plus horses across new seeds,wheat,barley sending hounds in fields with cows and calves.

I have had calves wrapped up in fences and had to cut them out. They leave gates open cut fence down to get through just a blatant disregard of the land.

they got band from are land years ago but that did not stop them they just sent the hounds over with just three our four huntsman to get the fox’s of are land.

a riffle doesn’t make that mess and talk to you like your a piece of **** when you point out to them the destruction they leave behind.

3 minutes ago, The gouse said:

I’ve got nothing against fox hunting, however they have know respect for the land what so ever. They think nothing of galloping 60 plus horses across new seeds,wheat,barley sending hounds in fields with cows and calves.

I have had calves wrapped up in fences and had to cut them out. They leave gates open cut fence down to get through just a blatant disregard of the land.

they got band from are land years ago but that did not stop them they just sent the hounds over with just three our four huntsman to get the fox’s of are land.

a riffle doesn’t make that mess and talk to you like your a piece of **** when you point out to them the destruction they leave behind.

I have nothing against fox hunting but I have seen a lot of what you say. Heavy wet ground planted up with winter wheat churned to mush. 

1 hour ago, Benthejockey said:

The vast majority of people shooting are shooting for sport. Whether it’s foxes, deer, pheasants or elephants. We all put down on our FAC application forms for vermin control etc but the vast majority of us aren’t pest controllers or professional deer stalkers we’re just men and women who like shooting guns and enjoy the thrill of the chase. Which is no different to hunting foxes with a pack of hounds. Hunting with hounds is both sport and fox control. The only reason it was banned is because it’s seen as something for rich people to do and the smelly unwashed activists don’t like people doing something they perceive as posh. That’s why driven pheasants and grouse shooting will eventually go because the hairy hippy types don’t like it and they have nothing to lose by wearing balaclavas and being violent. They won’t go to jail, at worst they’ll get a suspended sentence whereas for any retaliation we as upstanding members of society would stand to lose guns, jobs and our liberty. 

I dont see it any different from the sport that others enjoy with rifles. It may have started as fox control but not anymore. It does not take 40 riders and red coats to do that. Here the hunt rarely disturbs a fox as My neighbour and I stay well on top of them. 

9 hours ago, Wb123 said:

Good for you. ? Tell it how it is; and the very same could be said to describe shooting live quarry. 

The reason we are opposed is because hunting with hounds and shooting driven birds is that they are still perceived to be elitist and the preserve of the privileged wealthy land owning upper or ruling classes.....in other words ‘toffs’. Although there are still many so called ‘toffs’ involved, they no longer have the monopoly on shooting or hunting, but the image is well ingrained in the mindset of those who see themselves as downtrodden by those they still perceive to be ‘toffs’. There are some very wealthy and influential people out there with inherited chips on their shoulders, who whilst are happy to stir the pot, wouldn’t be seen dead on the front line, mixing with the great unwashed who share those chips. 

I feel a rant coming on so am going to go to work now. ?