Boris Threatens Reprisals Against Russia.

krugerandsmith

13 minutes ago, Mungler said:

Exactly. His whole family have been rubbed out and it sends a strong message to anyone thinking of doing similar in the future.

I don’t think Russia gives a monkeys what a small country on its way to exiting Europe will say or do. Alexander Litvenenko got whacked on the eve of the Russian World Cup bid and no one was left wondering who did it, having just necked a coffee with an old mate from his former days with the FSB, and look how badly that worked out for Russia. Not one monkey given etc.

Indeed, is there anyone here who thinks the FSB didn’t do over Mr Litvenenko?

If it’s big, grey, got flappy ears, tusks and a trunk then it’s most likely going to be an elephant; searching for a conspiracy involving a walrus in disguise riding a hippo - well, whatever keeps you off the streets

Rubbed outs a bit strong !
His wife died of cancer, and his son died of liver failure, whos touting conspiracy theories now :lol: 

For the record , I think they definitely killed Litvenyenko, thats why I find it a bit strange how they would do a similar thing again.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

There's nothing undermines May's credibility more than keeping Boris Johnson as Foreign Secretary. He epitomizes the worst kind of vacuous, soundbite- driven politician who's all mouth and no substance. An amusing diversion he may have been as Lord Mayor of London, but for May to to appoint and then re-appoint him as Britain's premier diplomat at one of the crux points in the nation's hidtory as the country tries to disentangle itself from the EU after 40 years and while international relations generally at at their lowest ebb for 50 years is almost incredible. But it's all politics these days. The notion of simply just doing one's duty for the public good has gone the way of the dinosaurs. It doesn't bode well for the country..

34 minutes ago, Retsdon said:

There's nothing undermines May's credibility more than keeping Boris Johnson as Foreign Secretary. He epitomizes the worst kind of vacuous, soundbite- driven politician who's all mouth and no substance. An amusing diversion he may have been as Lord Mayor of London, but for May to to appoint and then re-appoint him as Britain's premier diplomat at one of the crux points in the nation's hidtory as the country tries to disentangle itself from the EU after 40 years and while international relations generally at at their lowest ebb for 50 years is almost incredible. But it's all politics these days. The notion of simply just doing one's duty for the public good has gone the way of the dinosaurs. It doesn't bode well for the country..

At last, something that you and I agree on Retsdon.

45 minutes ago, Retsdon said:

Just Mayor of London, not Lord Mayor of London. They are two different people. That's right London has 2 Mayors. Beggars belief:no:

Screenshot_2018-03-08-18-08-28.png.a571f1c92a287fd8fd83e78392edcf25.png

2 hours ago, Mungler said:

Exactly. His whole family have been rubbed out and it sends a strong message to anyone thinking of doing similar in the future.

I don’t think Russia gives a monkeys what a small country on its way to exiting Europe will say or do. Alexander Litvenenko got whacked on the eve of the Russian World Cup bid and no one was left wondering who did it, having just necked a coffee with an old mate from his former days with the FSB, and look how badly that worked out for Russia. Not one monkey given etc.

Indeed, is there anyone here who thinks the FSB didn’t do over Mr Litvenenko?

If it’s big, grey, got flappy ears, tusks and a trunk then it’s most likely going to be an elephant; searching for a conspiracy involving a walrus in disguise riding a hippo - well, whatever keeps you off the streets

Yeah, have to agree with this;  ( the last paragraph is hilarious! ? ) and the reason for the method in my opinion is simply because it’s typically ‘old school’ Russian espionage technique. They love that cloak and dagger stuff as it sends out the clear message that they can reach out and touch you no matter where you are. 

Denials and ridicule on state/regime sponsored tv are also typically delivered with the nonchalant knowledge that they know it’s NOT what you know, but what you can prove. They simply don’t care; what are we ( the UK ) going to do? 

Boris has it right in my opinion; tell it like it is. 

Edited: Just remembered.... wasn’t there some Russian living in Ascot somewhere who had survived about half a dozen murder attempts only to commit suicide by hanging himself? Suicide? Really? 

Edited by Scully

Just now, JDog said:

Boris Berezovsky was the man. Many believe he was also murdered with Russian involvement. He had after all had a long legal fight with that darling of  the Russian hierarchy Roman Abramovich. 

Thankyou. I wasn't aware of his name, but I seem to recall reading about it some time ago. 

Michael Hastings car crash in the States. Of course, it was just a coincidence that the man whose fly-on-thewall reports from Afghanistan had crshed the career of Stanley  McCrystal, and who was working on a story on CIA chief George Brennan should go crazy and drive his Merc at 100mph into a tree in a built up area. 

Defence of the Realm act was a British idea but various goverment,s openly copy the idea .Basically the goverment thinks your a "WRONG UN" you wont need to worry about your pension or next birthday to be honest.:whistling:And yes Boris is a barnpot ,speaks his mind at totally the wrong time but mad as a plate of badgers

Edited by clakk

7 hours ago, ditchman said:

live by the sword ...die by the sword............no big deal......im sorry one of our policemen went to the rescue and got stung as a result................

He took great risks to supply information that helped this countries national security, its good to see your gratitude. :rolleyes:

3 minutes ago, ordnance said:

He took great risks to supply information that helped this countries national security, its good to see your gratitude. :rolleyes:

Yes i understand that...and yes it may have benifited this country.................but at the end of the day he chose his way of life and knew the risks.............and quite honestly i can understand the Russians...."if it was the russians"...getting really upset and trying to go down the damage limitation route.............its the natural coarse of events for either side........

what my bugbear is about the media going into turbo-charged frenzy ...aannndd some of the politico's too.....which will only make things a lot worse.......which when you look at it was only a normal coarse of events............

and as i said previous im truly sorry.sad that one of our very own people....selflessly administered aid to some people in distress and got stung as a result......that officer joined the force to make things better for the people of this country...and as a result got caught up in the shady filthy world of spying...........

1 hour ago, ordnance said:

He took great risks to supply information that helped this countries national security, its good to see your gratitude. 

He got paid a considerable amount of money too, but I suppose he was more interested in helping us really :innocent:

2 hours ago, Howling Hound said:

Before we get too uppity about Putin lets remember what Blair did to Dr Kelly when the good Dr was trying to stop a war. He also smashed two BBC journalists careers for having the guts to expose the lies. (last good thing the BBC tried to do) 

Lets not forget Robin Cook either. 

The Russians said he got 100k, that was what the BBC reported. 

When he got here he bought 340 grands worth of house, not bad for a disgraced soviet ex colonel who just got out of prison? 

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/sergei-skripal-who-is-was-russia-spy-salisbury-poison-a8243041.html

Make you're own mind up, or call it fake news, irrelevant really. All I'm saying is he didn't do it for love. 

and as i said previous im truly sorry.sad that one of our very own people....selflessly administered aid to some people in distress and got stung as a result......that officer joined the force to make things better for the people of this country...and as a result got caught up in the shady filthy world of spying...........

Lets not forget his daughter, another innocent victim. 

If the Russians and the BBC said it then it must be true.  

Edited by ordnance

5 hours ago, Retsdon said:

:good:

I don't dislike Boris, he is a funny quiz show host and makes good telly being interviewed but he's a disastrous lightweight when it comes to politics. 

4 minutes ago, Rewulf said:

When he got here he bought 340 grands worth of house, not bad for a disgraced soviet ex colonel who just got out of prison? 

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/sergei-skripal-who-is-was-russia-spy-salisbury-poison-a8243041.html

Make you're own mind up, or call it fake news, irrelevant really. All I'm saying is he didn't do it for love. 

Good point. It would be interesting to know how he got paid. Suggestion on the news tonight that he might be still involved.