Best and worst equipment purchases

Tford

Saw similar topic elsewhere and I thought it provided interesting reading and has since aided some of my purchasing choices. Thought I’d repeat it for PW members.

List your best and worst shooting equipment purchase. I’ll go first...

BEST - seeland quad sticks - rock steady standing shots to 200yrds. 

WORST - hunter wellies - 2 months cracked and crazed. 

Cheap hide poles, bucket seat, army net. 

Cheap hide poles will will let you down when the ground is hard. Bucket seat is too low and after a busy day shooting your legs will know abot it. Army net, horrible smelly and heavy. 

Best - my Lee clasic turret press kit, love reloading and save massive amounts (target shooter so shoot a lot of rounds) on .38 special, haven't started reloading .308 yet but plan to in the near future.:good:

Worst - I bought a cheap Chinese repleca of a Fab Defence T-POD G2 foregrip, it fell apart without even shooting the gun:no:, should've bought the real deal. You live and learn:lol:

Edited by Newbie to this

Worst - Ex wife. Obtained new and untried, lots of problems and could not return. Disposal costs were horrendous

Best - Present wife - Obtained second hand but runs a treat. Expensive on maintenance but we should only take on a luxury like this if you can afford it. Only downside is the mother in law.

(please note its "International Men's Day" soon  so I'm hopeful) 

51 minutes ago, Howling Hound said:

Worst - Ex wife. Obtained new and untried, lots of problems and could not return. Disposal costs were horrendous

Best - Present wife - Obtained second hand but runs a treat. Expensive on maintenance but we should only take on a luxury like this if you can afford it. Only downside is the mother in law.

Same disposal method as an old firearm is it? Your allowed to saw them through the middle and drop them to your local FEO? ?

7 hours ago, Howling Hound said:

Haha

Guest stevo

Best ".............pinewood magnet , deben lithium battery , weighs the same as pack of fags and last an 9 hr day . backed up with a beretta AL 391 Teknys 

worst .......... deben tracer IR lamp . Now that sucks .

Best: Air Arms S410 .177 carbine, walnut stock for my son. I've got the same in .22 and in theory we're going to spend some more time together shooting them.

Worst: 20g pull through, quite why I bought it I don't know as I rarely use my 20g sbs!

Best -Browning Maxus shot lots of ducks pigeons  Worst Beretta Silver pigeon gun worked flawless just couldnt hit a cows **** at 10 yards with it Berettas just dont fit me Too Slim NOW Before the Beretta Brigade starts foaming at the mouth it was me not the gun Just didnt fit my lanky frame:)                                     

Best.......................Probably a Westley Richards 12 bore boxlock, made in 1927, bought by me 1976 ish. Still going strong.

Worst.....................Probably a Darne 12 bore. Lovely gun, just unable to find a Gunsmith who would work on it and when I did,  it cost in excess of £300 to make 1 small pin for it.

Best is my 1883 Charles Lancaster 

Worst, my 1883 Charles Lancaster

Although I adore the thing, it’s a bit fickle on opening/ejecting and closing— don’t even get me started on the inch of play in the triggers.

Still wouldn’t ever part with it though.