Duck and Goose

silver fox 1

Hi all  i’m looking  to book up  some duck and Goose shooting for around next October time for myself and  three other guns, don’t  mind travelling but was thinking somewhere around Norfolk or the Midlands, just wondering if  anyone can point me in the right direction  any information or ideas would be appreciated    regards Silver Fox 1

5 hours ago, silver fox 1 said:

Hi all  i’m looking  to book up  some duck and Goose shooting for around next October time for myself and  three other guns, don’t  mind travelling but was thinking somewhere around Norfolk or the Midlands, just wondering if  anyone can point me in the right direction  any information or ideas would be appreciated    regards Silver Fox 1

Early October is not one of the best months for coastal wildfowling in Norfolk , the main area for coastal fowling is the Wash , by then several geese had arrived with more to follow which would also be the same situation for duck , by the end of October the bulk of fowl would had arrived , if the marshes are dry ( which they normally are in October ) there would be very little duck flighting  but you should be able to see plenty of geese either on grazing fields or fresh cut sugar beet fields , 

There a several members on here who are involved with wildfowling clubs around the Wash who would no doubt help you with day permits or point you in the right direction ,, GOOD LUCK wherever you decide to go .

To shoot the clubs around the wash on day tickets you will all need to be BASC members then yo can look on the BASC website for day ticket clubs. 

For not too much you could soon put together a few days shooting on different marshes each day.

13 minutes ago, silver fox 1 said:

Evening thanks very much for the information  it is much appreciated ,  at the moment we haven’t done any duck or geese shooting at all  so I think maybe in land  as none of us are kitted out for  forsure shooting 

In October you wouldn't want any special clothing for the foreshore ,although with you and your friends new to wildfowling it would be advisable to seek the aid of a guide before you venture out on the Wash . 

Yes I think you’re absolutely right ,  we are looking for guided duck and geese shooting  at the moment anyway because we don’t have much of an idea so we thought it would be a good  introduction and we might be able to learn a bit as well ,  there seems to be loads on offer up in Scotland maybe might have to travel a bit further 

2 hours ago, silver fox 1 said:

Yes I think you’re absolutely right ,  we are looking for guided duck and geese shooting  at the moment anyway because we don’t have much of an idea so we thought it would be a good  introduction and we might be able to learn a bit as well ,  there seems to be loads on offer up in Scotland maybe might have to travel a bit further 

Personally i only know of one company who offer Inland Goose shooting Norfolk/Suffolk and i would not touch them with a Barge Pole. There was a thread on PW some time ago. If you search you might get lucky in Lancashire but Scotland is your best bet. Do your research though as there are plenty of Sharks about.

Mark Robson has a good rep i believe it's Pigeons All-day !!!!!

Others on here who shoot Scotland may be of more help than myself.

• 1 month later...