Lost permission and FAC renewal

bramsafc

Well my renewal has just come through and I’ve just found out that I have lost the last permission I had to shoot ...I had a syndicate fold so lost the vermin shooting on that land then the estate manager on another permission left his post so I lost that land now I’ve just found out that the farmer on my last permission has sold up and I’ve lost that ....I’ve had my FAC for 15 years on and I mainly shoot with friends on their land as my last perm had virtually no vermin on it ...Is there anyway of keeping my guns and cert while I find a new perm or will they have to be sold and the cert re-applied for when new permission is found.

Thanks 

Book a stalk - or tell them you intend to book a stalk whilst looking for more land. 

They May ask for confirmation. 

Also you could join a club or range, you’ll be a probationary member of the club but as you already hold a FAC you shouldn’t have any issues keeping your ticket. 

31 minutes ago, bruno22rf said:

As you have held your cert for so long I'm guessing that you have an "open" cert? In which case surely you can simply say that, until you gain your own perm again, you shoot over a variety of friends land as and when invited? Or am I missing something? 

Even with an 'open' ticket, you still have to have at least one named piece of land to allow you to keep your FAC. My ticket has been 'open' for the past 15 years and on renewal, I name one farm.

Where do you live? There's a new shooting range opening up in Mid Glamorgan soon.

I think under HO rules they have to put a named piece of land cleared for that calibre on the application even though your on an open cert.  Crazy I know, but have you ever known anything sensible come out of the HO?

The only way I can see you retaining is booking some stalking, but that doesn't cover your vermin rifles even though you have an open certificate.

Like the HO have a thing about calibres .375 and they get twitchy. I have a 375 cal rifle which is on my cert for overseas use only, but I can shoot my 8mm (.320) rifle anywhere I consider safe on my open cert, as if .055 of an inch is going to make a difference.

I have held an FAC for over 40yrs but still my FLO has to put a named piece of land on my renewal.   I'm now at the age where I have to re new my driving license every so often. I simply answer a few simple medical questions on line, that nothing has changed and I am allowed to roar around the countryside with a very dangerous weapon  the likes of which kill numerous people every day of the year. 

Edited by Walker570

I have deer on my ticket so I may be able to retain my .243 for booked stalks ..I am gonna ask friends to see if I can get permission on their land but we all know that the farmers and land owners don’t like    giving out permission at the drop of a hat ...I do have a local gun club here in the north east so that might be my only option for the time being 

It has not happened yet but I have a number of pieces of ground on which I invite friends with the knowledge of the land owner to cull deer and foxes and I am 99.9% sure that if I approached one and said can you clear my friend, who you know and have knowledge of to shoot on the ground it would happen.  That is what friends are for.

MY FRIENDS are true friends and would accept that to shoot they would have to have my permission as well.

4 minutes ago, Walker570 said:

It has not happened yet but I have a number of pieces of ground on which I invite friends with the knowledge of the land owner to cull deer and foxes and I am 99.9% sure that if I approached one and said can you clear my friend, who you know and have knowledge of to shoot on the ground it would happen.  That is what friends are for.

MY FRIENDS are true friends and would accept that to shoot they would have to have my permission as well.

:good:

2 hours ago, old'un said:

A question I must ask, although it does not help your present situation, why did you leave it 15 years and your last permission to start looking for new land?

I had 3 perms last year as I explained I  lost 2 one because my game shooting syndicate folded and one because the estate manager left his post so I  lost the permission on that one  the last one which I very rarely shot on because there was nothing on the land to really shoot it was only when I rang the farmer did he tell me he had let the farm go ....

20 minutes ago, Walker570 said:

My friends are true friends as well but it’s not their decision it’s the land owner ....I am ringing one land owner tomorrow to ask about permission I have shot the land before with friends 

Could the land owners not give you a letter giving you permission only when accompanied by your friends. That way you have a good reason to keep your fac and the land owner has piece of mind that someone he doesn't know isn't going to be wandering about his land alone.

Another option would be to join one of the gun clubs using Ponteland, then you can hold onto your guns until you can secure new permissions

Edited by toontastic

1 minute ago, The gouse said:

I do not understand this? So I have 300 plus acres how many shooters can I have register to my land just one? our as many as I won’t?.

Is there a legal amount that can register to the land,

It is only that the land needs to  passed by the authorities up to a given calibre, after that no limit on numbers of people given permission to use it, that is up to the landowner.

2 hours ago, Luckyshot said:

Join mayfair gun club as he wont need to do probation,keeping his guns until he finds suitable permission 

Looking like the main option if I can’t get some permission over the next couple of days...I’ve got a couple of farmers to ring see how it pans out 

2 hours ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

Blimey Bram, you've been unlucky.

Tell me about it 

Just now, bramsafc said:

Looking like the main option if I can’t get some permission over the next couple of days...I’ve got a couple of farmers to ring see how it pans out 

So how would the land owner know it’s allready passed by the authorities? On your friends permission.