AA S200 mk2

lopylui

Morning all. A friend of mine has just invested in his first pcp. That being an S200. He got a good deal on a 2nd hand rifle with plenty of extras. Now the only troubble is even with the cocking leaver tightened up at the back its not doing much to help. 

So wheres best to buy a new leaver/bolt assembly and what 1/2" unf adapters are you using?

Tia

27 minutes ago, bruno22rf said:

1/2" Adapter? I assume in relation to fitting a Mod? In which case the AA mod slips over the end of the barrel and is held by a single grub screw - it's a pretty good Mod to be honest. As for the cocking lever problem - what exactly is the problem?

Its got the plastic lever with a slotted nut at the back to retain it but its been chewed up over the years by the previous owner and it dosent tighten down as well as it should. 

All the parts you need are freely available - even a complete bolt assembly is under £40, Chambers seem to stock loads of parts and are easy to deal with - make sure you change the bolt O ring seal if the bolt doesn't come with one fitted - the S200 has never had a very firm lock up on closing the bolt but it works well, when you finish the work just sprinkle a little talc around the breach, load and fire the gun - any serious leaks will be easy to spot. Absolutely superb guns in every sense and probably the most under rated gun in history, in fact, if Carlsberg made Guns.....

I bought a second hand early model in .22 and I am very pleased with it. I have an S800 but sometimes, eg barn pigeon culling where you do need a very quick second and third shot. The A 200 does that no problem.  Don't force the bolt, it is a very light action and I initially had a similar problem and realised it was me trying to open the bolt too far and it became loose.

Now I have realised what I was doing it is fine.  Air Arms very helpful too.

I still prefer my S200 when there is no rush ..tack driver and having now shot around 400 pigeons and magpies and crows with it, believe at sensible ranges ..30 -35yrds it kills cleaner than the .22.