Aldi

JohnKennySang

Have a little think before you post Panama 1

Recipes can be changed to save money. So things taste different/Carp

BUT Base products cant.

You cant change the taste of Chicken, it comes from a Chicken.

But you can change how much you ask for it !

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 hours ago, panoma1 said:

So if Aldi/Lidl get, for example their Baked beans, and the big supermarket get their own brand and/or value pack baked beans from the same source/supplier, why do they taste carp compared to Heinz baked beans?

Their bread cakes and biscuits are tasteless carp too, as are many other things! if not, why do they try to fool people into buying their goods by closely copying packaging and similarly naming them to resemble premium brands?

If It was any good, they would be purchased on their own merit! Not by copying so called premium brands!

It's all down to taste, I like Branston beans but eat others warmed up with a squirt of HP sauce. I put Heinz in the others bracket along with Aldi/Lidl and other supermarket value brands. 

43 minutes ago, mickyh said:

Have a little think before you post Panama 1

Recipes can be changed to save money. So things taste different/Carp

BUT Base products cant.

You cant change the taste of Chicken, it comes from a Chicken.

But you can change how much you ask for it !

What have I got to "have a little think about" before I post? Please explain!

Of course you can subtlety change the taste of chicken, as you can any meat or fish...amongst other factors, it depends on what it's fed on!

Hambone, you can change the taste of blotting paper and make it palatable, by adding sauce to it.....the French have been doing it for years with their food! Lol!

All Weetabix biscuits, even the own brands, are made in a factory in Northampton. The shape is patented and can't be copied. Same for cornflakes, they all get made in the same factory in Manchester. But people are convinced that the 'proper' ones taste better. Its psychological,  my stepdaughter wont eat or use anything that's own brand.

4 minutes ago, panoma1 said:

What have I got to "have a little think about" before I post? Please explain!

Of course you can subtlety change the taste of chicken, as you can any meat or fish...amongst other factors, it depends on what it's fed on!

Hambone, you can change the taste of blotting paper and make it palatable, by adding sauce to it.....the French have been doing it for years with their food! Lol!

Totally agree with you, hence my post regarding HP sauce. :good:

14 minutes ago, Vince Green said:

All Weetabix biscuits, even the own brands, are made in a factory in Northampton. The shape is patented and can't be copied. Same for cornflakes, they all get made in the same factory in Manchester. But people are convinced that the 'proper' ones taste better. Its psychological,  my stepdaughter wont eat or use anything that's own brand.

Good Post

Some people are just daft, they dont make new factorys just to copy stuff.

19 minutes ago, Vince Green said:

Why don't Aldi/Lidl just sell Cornflakes and Weetabix cheaply in their original wrappers then? not eating anything own brand is different from eating own brand that tastes carp! Me and a couple of mates stopped in a B&B in Scotland once whilst fishing locally, we all commented on the bland taste of the cornflakes served for breakfast ....to one person it could conceivably be Psychological...........but not all three!

1 minute ago, jonny long shanks said:

I've been working on the construction and refurbishment of Aldi stores for the past 15 years. I've been shopping there about 10 times, and if I do I'm very careful about what I buy. 

I have always thought how shabby the new build aldi stores look, particularly the interior finishes

12 minutes ago, mickyh said:

I would imagine most Farmers would feed the cheapest feed these days to try and

survive ?

Talking Chickens here not long term Beef production. 

Wake up Man.

I don't need to wake up, if you feel you have to resort to personal insults you have lost the argument! 

Chicken meat is a product, same as any product, it is produced for profit!  if it can be produced as cheaply as possible, it will be! you are fooling yourself if you think differently!

Just now, The Heron said:

I went to my local Waitrose for two sirloin steaks £28 pounds says the man behind the counter no thank you says I went down to Mozzers £9.50 for the same size and very nice to.

Try Aldi/Lidl 28 (or is it 30) day matured Aberdeen Angus sirloin steaks @ about £4.50 apiece, ain't had a duff one yet!

44 minutes ago, Vince Green said:

I'm not convinced about the Weetabix or cornflake claim above, to be honest. 

Chickens cant be anything but chickens of course,  but I'm not convinced by the claim of Mickyh either, regarding chicken tasting like chicken.  Some taste like chicken ought to, some are tasteless.  

4 minutes ago, Scully said:

I'm not convinced about the Weetabix or cornflake claim above, to be honest. 

Chickens cant be anything but chickens of course,  but I'm not convinced by the claim of Mickyh either, regarding chicken tasting like chicken.  Some taste like chicken ought to, some are tasteless.  

Deep Frozen perhaps for a long time ?

Just now, mickyh said:

No personal insults intended.

That was never meant. 

I apologise if you think I am that low.

We both know buy cheap buy twice! But I do think things are changing for the better.

Lots of Snobbery about I think ?

No snobbery from me bud, see my comment to Herons post!:good:

Just now, The gouse said:

Just log on read this and thought I was on some house wife’s forum?

are you lot shoppers our shooters?

i leave the wife to buy the shopping if it’s **** I tell her.

Doing your own shopping is cheaper than keeping a wife ........ that I can GUARANTEE.

16 minutes ago, panoma1 said:

I don't need to wake up, if you feel you have to resort to personal insults you have lost the argument! 

Chicken meat is a product, same as any product, it is produced for profit!  if it can be produced as cheaply as possible, it will be! you are fooling yourself if you think differently!

That IS what I said !!!!!!!