• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...
Just now, Jaymo said:

Old thread I know but the wife just served up their Lasagna——— uuuurgh it was sloppy, bland and totally lacking in texture, even she agreed that one would not make it back on the shopping list 

Blimey, your wife can't even heat food up properly?:whistling:

Well, when we first met she did say that her style of cooking was ‘stab stab , bing bing’ microwave style.

She has got better in our years together ( which is good as I’m also no Gordon Ramsey- except maybe the language) , last year since being back in the UK she taken to ‘experimenting’ a bit, which usually has myself and the kids rolling our eyes ;-)

But tonight was meant to be an easy meal night but has left me wishing I had eaten my shoe leather as it would have been more tasty.... good job a nice cuppa has appeared to wash it down- no alcohol as working early tomorrow 

7 minutes ago, Jaymo said:

Old thread I know but the wife just served up their Lasagna——— uuuurgh it was sloppy, bland and totally lacking in texture, even she agreed that one would not make it back on the shopping list 

You have accurately described every ready meal I have ever tried. 

Their Aldi specially sketched brioche burger buns are nice 

Their rump steak for £3.29 which I thought was going to be material for a sandal, is very nice and is tender.

duck pancake roll kit are better than gressinghams.

Ready made curry’s are good and the specially selected beef slices are great for work sandwiches. Fries and chips are better than McCain’s and we do like the carrot and sweet potato fries they do. 

3 minutes ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

Not a stewardess then, they are used to heating stuff up!

She was ;-)

But fortunately on short haul so no food reheats required- she did once set the galley oven on fire by leaving her handbag in it- her Airport Pass looked like one of those ‘Shrinky dinks’ from the 80’s

7 minutes ago, hambone said:

You have accurately described every ready meal I have ever tried. 

Tesco finest one is nice, actually tastes like it has ‘real beef’ in it

On ‎14‎/‎03‎/‎2018 at 13:16, Mice! said:

WP_20180314_13_12_47_Pro.jpg.40ffa586ed8c2a8df3d78fe54040c8d1.jpg

weetabix

WP_20180314_13_13_02_Pro.jpg.90ea5190da420a11e83d91913fceef68.jpg

Aldi's, nothing different same taste 

Yes and if you disassemble the boxes and lay one on top of another they are the same box just different printing, same with Lidl, Aldi, Morrison, Asda etc.

the key piece of information is The Shape of this product is registered as EU TM 834150, (can't be copied) 

Just had a glass of Scotch, ok it was Morrisons Glen Stag which I prefer, but as a starter with the Scotch I had a bowl of Aldi Cheese and Red pepper crisps which are excellent. Then called down to supper, which included a couple of very tasty lamb chops ..where from ? Aldi of course. Had a seriously tasty sirloin steak a couple of nights ago, Aberdeen Angus well hung, excellent  and no waste other than the rib bone from the chops.  Their superb biscuits, stem ginger today, with my coffee.  Can't fault 'em.  Two pairs of work trousers, half the price as offered elswhere, now 12 months old and worn in 48hr rotation and washed...good as new.   If you buy cheap then your going to get garbage wherever you shop.  Sad that Aldi said they don't see them having the duck breast in again which is a shame because they were superb. 

I have had good food from Aldi.  The meat is good, as are the veggies.  Cold meats, ham etc good as well.  I'm not a big 'ready prepared' person anyway as they all seem disappointing compared to home cooked, but the ones I have had from Aldi have been every bit as good as Morrisons. 

I do use quite a bit of stuff from both Aldi and Lidl, especially the bottled beers, BUT some stuff is sadly lacking. One of my shooting pals has had a wet bum due to a leak in the fishing overtrousers, now another has pulled the heel and sole off one of their neoprene wellies, when using a boot jack. They did both get refunds though.

I’ve never bought a “ready meal” that was anywhere near as good as a home made meal from scratch.

Their only real benefit is you bung them in the oven then come back after 45 mins and eat. 

Normally buy ingredients from Aldi and make a lasagne from scratch if we fancy one :) bloody lovely!