You can Rely on Pigeons

Today was supposed to be an easy day, we had been informed that the pigeons had been feeding on this rape for over two weeks after we had shot it. So we set out as normal and approached the first small field of rape, as we went to drive in the gateway a police car beat us to it. We then noticed the cyclist in the road and an ambulance pulled up. So two sets of blue flasing lights and the one hundred birds on the rape just lifted off and disappeared into the distance. We drove to the larger field and could see approx fifty in the trees, nothing joining. So decision time do we expect them to return or leave the area. We decided to set up which ment a long walk with the gear on very muddy ground. When I was getting ready at 06.00 this morning the rain was pouring of my house roof and flooding the gutters. The first shot at a decoying bird produce a good number of birds from all over the edges of the rape field and in the first hour we had thirty birds then it went very quiet. I went for a walk to the small field to fix a rope banger to keep them off, while I was walking round it disturbed some birds which went to the decoys and DB shot them. When I returned we had some coffee and went through the options, we had received a call from the farm we shot last Sunday stating huge amounts of birds??

DB said that while I was away he had seen birds going towards another farm with rape so he went for a drive to find them, on his return he had not seen any significant amount of birds. Bunny_Blaster rang and we was local and his mate was on another rape field. So we were covering the area and keeping them on the move.The rain was supposed to be showers but we had a good fortyfive minutes of heavy wind blown rain which stopped all the action. After that the sun tried to come out and the birds started to move again. We had shot from 10.00 to 16.45 and picked up one hundred and twentysix pigeons. Happy Farmer.  

100_3062.jpg

126 Pigeons

not so sure I agree with you on the title lol 

another great result though :good:

it was a mud hole where we shot today, I was up to my ankles in clay mud feet kept getting plugged and missed a fair few shots because I couldn't move my feet to get in the correct postion 

23 minutes ago, yickdaz said:

not so sure I agree with you on the title lol 

another great result though :good:

it was a mud hole where we shot today, I was up to my ankles in clay mud feet kept getting plugged and missed a fair few shots because I couldn't move my feet to get in the correct postion 

You can rely on the pigeons not to do what you want after being on the field for two weeks!!!!!!!

Always look forward to your report which I read whilst I eat my Sunday morning cornflakes.Yet again your determination has lead to another enviable bag.It looks like we might be in for a wet week in this neck of the woods which was making me inclined to postpone an outing on a very promising looking rape field, but you have shown that it can be done on a wet day. So I might give it a try earlier.

You guys must be pretty fit carting all those 100+ bags week after week!

31 minutes ago, pbutd said:

Always look forward to your report which I read whilst I eat my Sunday morning cornflakes.Yet again your determination has lead to another enviable bag.It looks like we might be in for a wet week in this neck of the woods which was making me inclined to postpone an outing on a very promising looking rape field, but you have shown that it can be done on a wet day. So I might give it a try earlier.

You guys must be pretty fit carting all those 100+ bags week after week!

Knackered!!!!!!