NV help

Phil9

Hiya guys been out tonight doing abit of ratting!! Zeroed in yesterday after I got home from work,my NV is the archer that fits directly onto the back of any scope,,so no need to adjust my zero!! Well tonight I couldn't hit a rat for toffee?,,and can understand why all my shots were taken around 15 to 35 yards but I didn't hit a single rat and believe me after 24 shots I'd had enough! Any advice or help would be greatly appreciated ??

• 3 weeks later...

I don't know the archer particularly, but if you didn't knock the rifle then it could just be parallax error . If the parallax is out and NV unit doesn't sit exactly where you're eye sits then your poa will be off. scope with adjustable objectives are best with add on NV units so you can adjust for the different focus point for infrared light.

What is the scope. If you've backed the ocular adjustment ring out to suit your eyes take a look through whilst trying to wiggle it up and down (slop in the threads), you may find your answer. 

Don't despair if you observe your cross hair moving in relation to your target due to sloppy threads or absence of a locking ring, insulation tape is there to save you.