Squirrels

FOXHUNTER1

Out at 1st light this morning doing a bit recon ...

No foxes seen but spied a squirrel on a feeder so shot him 40 yds off sticks :)

3UDiHYi.jpg

Continued on a bit further and glassed another across an open field 130 yds away so decided to try for it ... You can just see feeder on wood edge just to the left of my line of sight ...

EyVI1xI.jpg

Glad to say I got him :yes:

qgGLtE3.jpg

7 hours ago, Longstrider said:

What's the rifle ? 

I took an 80-odd yarder squirrel last weekend as it sat against the base of a big dead tree, because there was nothing better to shoot at, but the .270 doesn't leave much squirrel behind for pictures !

.243 mate ......they don't like it :yes:

Nice one, well two really:good::yes:  no the 243Win doesn't take prisoners in those circumstances.  I did shoot one at about 190 with the 17HMR but it was more by luck than judgement.  It had been on the pheasant feeder for best part of an hour and taunted me.  It is a long way on something just over two inches wide.   Recent picture but you can just see the feeder at the far end and I was sat on a purpose built shooting seat on the Keepers truck, dead solid rest.  I think I was more surprised than the squirrel:lol:.5aaad7dab9b86_2018-03-1414_43.45(800x450).jpg.d660da02fca6edd64934551ae605a09a.jpg

On 3/21/2018 at 21:38, Pigeon Shredder. said:

Shhh don't tell the wife, she likes the bloody things.

Mine too. Did about 10 in garden about 2-3 years ago, not said a word to her. Every once in a while she says " we don't get any squirrels now" My response is to tell her we won't since the council cut the trees down behind our fence. I know the cemetery out back is full of the damn things so what I said is only a partial fib. Keeps the peace though :whistling::whistling:

3 minutes ago, Sha Bu Le said:

Mine too. Did about 10 in garden about 2-3 years ago, not said a word to her. Every once in a while she says " we don't get any squirrels now" My response is to tell her we won't since the council cut the trees down behind our fence. I know the cemetery out back is full of the damn things so what I said is only a partial fib. Keeps the peace though 

Funny you should say that, hit one a few weeks back in the garden and before l could retrieve it she came home with the granddaughter.

Later they're looking out the window for the ikkie little squirrels when next doors cat walks along the fence with it in his mouth, cat was called all sorts of names for what it had just carried out, me l just looked on with an alarmed look on my face, not.

8 hours ago, Sha Bu Le said:

Mine too. Did about 10 in garden about 2-3 years ago, not said a word to her. Every once in a while she says " we don't get any squirrels now" My response is to tell her we won't since the council cut the trees down behind our fence. I know the cemetery out back is full of the damn things so what I said is only a partial fib. Keeps the peace though 

get a feeder up and invite them into your garden, just make sure it has a good back stop:innocent:

On 3/27/2018 at 09:35, Pigeon Shredder. said:

Funny you should say that, hit one a few weeks back in the garden and before l could retrieve it she came home with the granddaughter.

Later they're looking out the window for the ikkie little squirrels when next doors cat walks along the fence with it in his mouth, cat was called all sorts of names for what it had just carried out, me l just looked on with an alarmed look on my face, not.

:lol: at least they didnt see it laid dead with a little hole in its head as you would have been in trouble. 

Lots of posh restaurants are now serving Squirrel , as a 'new age' natural food  , and charging a pretty penny for it.

And I must admit , it is rather delicious , when fried with a little onion and garlic.

Everyone that's tried it has really liked it. 

So go get em boys and girls.