Caesar guerini essex

Nfinlay22

If I am honest haven't tried a Essex. I have to decided to sell my Beretta a391 and miroku sporter. Just want one gun to do both clays and driven days. Heard good reports about guerini's and have handled a summit and Magnus. Both handled well. I can get a mint Essex for right deal

I have not owned an Essex but I have had an Apex and a Forum. I was a big fan until I upgraded to the Forum and black corrosion started to appear on the action edge. I px the gun back to a Browning. It may have been a one off but on gun that sells new for over £6000 it scared me. Have a good look all over the action even if it's new.

Guest stevo

For the money your thinking about spending , you could find a better gun . You really do need to be trying stuff mate . Else you could be really regretting your next move . 

Aside from the Invictus family, all Guerinis are the same. The Essex only differs from the Magnus or Maxum in the engraving.

I don't what the price is but I can't imagine what the above posters mean by a "better gun". I've had 3 Berettas and a Miroku and for clays I'll take a CG over any Miroku/Browning and any Beretta below the DT family.

Guest stevo

My 2014 CG summit sporter was a bag of bolts , I was chuffed to bits with it when I first bought , it was a big move for me as I have always shot/owned berettas . But thought I would give one a go . 

After about 3000 shots it was getting way too loose , to the point the gun would just drop open when you pressed the top lever over , and would just hang there , 

the for end kept working loose to the point where I could not adjust it any more , 

the rib started to look like it was twisting , I thought I was my eyes . I took it back to my RFD who had a proper look and said the rib was just starting to come away !! 

To be fare anglo arms where great , the gun was sorted in the end , and then I got rid . 

I get a shiver down my spine every time I see one ?

i have picked up a few 32” models and everyone feels sooo front heavy and unbalanced . 

Im not sure but I think the Essex is  around the 3k mark  , I don’t even know if they still make them .

As for a better gun for the money , seeing as the OP has not even looked/tried the Essex . 

If the OP was in a position to get £3.5k together he would be in the USED. Dt10 , blaser F3 , nice older Brownings , Prazzi , kamen, MK 60/70 grade 5 ect ect 

Edit to say ...just had a kwik look and from what I can see there around the 3k mark . 

Edited by stevo

Well I had my Invictus 5 for over 18 months, and I shoot easily 1K carts a month thru it, clays and game loads -- and apart from self inflicted small marks, it's as good as when it was new.

My wife has a Syren Magnus, and she shoots it quite a bit too (abeit a lot less than me) and again, no problems. It *sometimes* "binds" when cooling down (ie it's hard to open) due to the tight tolerances, but other than that, no problems...

We've only had nothing short of fantastic service and contacts with the importer too; they sorted me a new forend (I wanted a beavertail/trap one) for a token price and installed it, and they even serviced both guns when I visited last august...

On 11/03/2018 at 19:16, Nfinlay22 said:

If I am honest haven't tried a Essex. I have to decided to sell my Beretta a391 and miroku sporter. Just want one gun to do both clays and driven days. Heard good reports about guerini's and have handled a summit and Magnus. Both handled well. I can get a mint Essex for right deal

I had a Summit Ascent, only I didn't get on with the 32" (my problem, not the gun). Basically, apart fom a couple, they are pretty much alike. Fine gun, excellent transferable warranty.
Could not fault mine.