Gun Watch

Powell, William & Son - No. 2 Sidelock

£5,500

12 gauge Shotgun Trade Seller
Used - Excellent Condition Welshpool, Powys
Side by Side, 1/4 Choke, 1/2 Choke, 28" barrels
Dscf2148 Dscf2150 Dscf2147

Description

A fine quality sidelock ejector (no. 2) built to a very high standard on a traditional action. Tastefully engraved, nice wood. LOP 14 1/2" chambered for 2 3/4". clean barrels.Stock is only slightly right handed. REF PG1482

This gun is being sold by Pigeon Watch member Powys Guns. Message them here

View the full article

Looks a nice gun! I have a cased William Powell best boxlock from 1927 and it truly is a thing of beauty!

No offence intended Powys Guns but the problem I see with all these advertisers is they don't include the most important information! Such as barrel wall thickness and current bore measurements compared to size at last proof!...some advertisers even omit chamber length and 'proper, accurate' choke measurements in their advert.......annoying!

For something offered for sale at several hundreds and even thousands of pounds, I wouldn't even look at a prospective purchase without being provided with this information!

9 hours ago, panoma1 said:

Looks a nice gun! I have a cased William Powell best boxlock from 1927 and it truly is a thing of beauty!

No offence intended Powys Guns but the problem I see with all these advertisers is they don't include the most important information! Such as barrel wall thickness and current bore measurements compared to size at last proof!...some advertisers even omit chamber length and 'proper, accurate' choke measurements in their advert.......annoying!

For something offered for sale at several hundreds and even thousands of pounds, I wouldn't even look at a prospective purchase without being provided with this information!

Likewise.

9 hours ago, panoma1 said:

you are so right Paul, half of them do not know how to measure "choke" and when it gets to the Big bore guns 90% of dealers do not have a clue

2 hours ago, ghilley said:

Iv a MINT  WP boxlock on hear for sale with all barrel  measurement listed  but no interest I think higher end guns don’t sell very well on PW   Good luck with the sale 

The make, condition, measurements and grade of a gun are the first four things I look for.........but in the end its all down to the fifth............price!:yes: