22 lr night vision rabbits

Whitester

Went out the other night after putting the photon on the t bolt.

the game keeper said that he wanted some rabbits clearing before they drilled the fields.

so out I went not expecting to see that much but there were loads about. I only had an hour and a half but managed to bag 10 out of ten shots so was well pleased .

the photon is definitely more suited to Rimfire ranges and because the lr is so quiet I was able to clear these hedges in complete darkness without the near by houses knowing I was there.

due to the t  bolt being so light and short it worked really well from the truck too.

nice little combo can’t wait to get out this week and have another go at them.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

one bloke was driving and the other was hanging out of the window scanning for eye shine with the photon. We crawled along slowly and viewing from the photon wasn't a problem. I know the are safety issues around scanning through a night site mounted to a rifle but if the rifle is unloaded until you take a shot it's perfectly safe. We have also found that using a spotter just delays things and sometimes you can miss an opportunity when switching between spotter and rifle.

we have now invested in a roof mounted spotter system so we'll see how that goes.

17 minutes ago, Houseplant said:

Thanks for the reply. I just wondered if NV was applicable to my style of rabbit shooting. 

hello, how long have you lived in NZ, there was a chap i had known and he emigrated to NZ , he does a lot of shooting there and may help you as well as PW members, i have sent him a PM

• 1 month later...

I used the Photon on my 22lr for a while. Great piece of kit. However the lack of mildots killed I for me. It’s better suited to a flat shooting rifle like 17hmr.