The Salisbury poison gas incident.

Retsdon

14 hours ago, ordnance said:

Or maybe sometimes things are just what they are, no conspiracy.  Everyone knows there is evil on both sides, most people just accept that bad things happen and don't need the psychological crutch of conspiracy theories to function in life.  :)

I kind of agree with this.

Putin is a thug - a smart thug - but a thug nonetheless who, along with others, made himself immensely rich by helping himself to huge assets after the collapse of the Empire. That wealth supported by powerful vested interests enabled him to achieve and retain power. Along the way he's likely killed many and ordered the killing of hundreds and as such has become the world's most powerful gangster and probably the only President anywhere in history who has replaced democracy with autocracy - and the russian people have sleepwalked into it.

He enjoys letting the west know that he can do whatever he likes wherever he likes and there's nothing we can do about it.

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

21 minutes ago, Westward said:

I kind of agree with this.

Putin is a thug - a smart thug - but a thug nonetheless who, along with others, made himself immensely rich by helping himself to huge assets after the collapse of the Empire. That wealth supported by powerful vested interests enabled him to achieve and retain power. Along the way he's likely killed many and ordered the killing of hundreds and as such has become the world's most powerful gangster and probably the only President anywhere in history who has replaced democracy with autocracy - and the russian people have sleepwalked into it.

He enjoys letting the west know that he can do whatever he likes wherever he likes and there's nothing we can do about it.

How do you know this ? 

All top politicians are immensely rich and they're all in the pockets of rich corporations ! 

12 minutes ago, Hamster said:

How do you know this ?

Are you asking how do I know he's a gangster or how do I know he' s immensely rich?

I doubt if Theresa May, Angela Merkel or Emmanuel Macron would consider themselves immensely rich, certainly not be Russian Oligarch standards, Putin is probably worth more than all the senior politicians in Europe, plus their cabinets, added together.

hello, i am sure even Putin does not know what he is actualy worth, they even did a tv documentry recently and they lost count of the actual numbers, as for the Salisbury goings on there is no way it will lead back to him, Untouchable comes to mind

Edited by oldypigeonpopper

1 hour ago, Westward said:

Are you asking how do I know he's a gangster or how do I know he' s immensely rich?

I doubt if Theresa May, Angela Merkel or Emmanuel Macron would consider themselves immensely rich, certainly not be Russian Oligarch standards, Putin is probably worth more than all the senior politicians in Europe, plus their cabinets, added together.

You called him a thug, I want to know how you know he's more of a thug than the MIC (and respective governments) in murica to whom we owe the blight of two decades of ME wars for a start. Putin is responsible for standing up to Daesh PROPERLY and destroying Western plans of the destruction and break up of yet another country, he and his allies have destroyed Isis and are in the process of destroying half a dozen more Islamist inspired organs with funny names but deadly aspirations. 

There are billionaire war mongers in the US, there are 100 time over millionaire war mongers here, there are "thugs" everywhere. 

2 hours ago, Rewulf said:

The only thing with that theory is, so whats in it for them?
Besides a couple of days of lost gas revenue.

And isnt winter about over now ?

^^^ my thoughts exactly. A reminder for anyone else that dare try it but otherwise I would not have thought it worth the effort unless he was still working of course.

Just now, oowee said:

I think i read or heard on the news something about cyber warfare? I thought all that sort of stuff was in Hanslope.

I suppose cyber warfare these days could be conducted from Starbucks free wifi, if you know what youre at.

But one trend I find consistent amongst all these ex Russian spy stories, they all seem very pally with each other, no matter which side of the fence theyre on.
Do they swap information ?
Is it a currency used by the ex pats/spies, did someone speak about something he shouldnt, so its a warning, or a clean up op?
And that doesnt mean any one particular side either, it could be Skripal spoke to someone in Russia giving something away about UK interests, and dealt with accordingly.
He could be costing the British taxpayer a good few quid a year, then shooting his mouth off in certain circles, who knows.
Hes most certainly very expendable.

38 minutes ago, Hamster said:

You called him a thug, I want to know how you know he's more of a thug than the MIC (and respective governments) in murica to whom we owe the blight of two decades of ME wars for a start. Putin is responsible for standing up to Daesh PROPERLY and destroying Western plans of the destruction and break up of yet another country, he and his allies have destroyed Isis and are in the process of destroying half a dozen more Islamist inspired organs with funny names but deadly aspirations. 

There are billionaire war mongers in the US, there are 100 time over millionaire war mongers here, there are "thugs" everywhere. 

I think Syria and who are the good guys and who are the bad is a topic unrelated to this thread and personally I very much doubt if many western billionaires have sanctioned murders or, to use the russians own terminology, "Firm Measures".

On the whole, those russian exiles seem to be a very unhealthy bunch; have you seen today's news?

45 minutes ago, Westward said:

I think Syria and who are the good guys and who are the bad is a topic unrelated to this thread and personally I very much doubt if many western billionaires have sanctioned murders or, to use the russians own terminology, "Firm Measures".

On the whole, those russian exiles seem to be a very unhealthy bunch; have you seen today's news?

When it comes to calling out the thugs and the bad guys it's open season I'm afraid, he/she who directly caused the deaths of hundreds of thousands of innocents and the displacement of millions and the destruction of several countries is VERY much related to this thread. Putin is but a mere beginner in that particular company. 

Oh and I think Cheney and Rumsfeld would disagree with you. 

I think it was the Russians. 

Chap was double agent, he won't be the only one. Some probably far more valuable than this bloke. It's all about sending a message; "we will find you, we will kill you".

The attack needs to be public so the news gets out. It needs to be obviously russian in origin so the message works, but 'sloppy' so the Russians have public deniability. 

It's a nice little warning shot.

The chaps son died on a trip to Russia a couple of years back from a 'heart attack'... Definitely suspicious. 

Either that or I need to put down the Rankin.... 

22 hours ago, Scully said:

I wonder who did it then? 

Im not sure what the controvosy is here, it seems clear that for the Russians the aim is to make it very plain to see that there is nowhere to hide for anyone defecting from their security services by doing it in a way designed to capture maximum publicity but remain vaugely deniable. Killing this chap isnt important, its the message the whole thing sends that is.

38 minutes ago, Wb123 said:

Im not sure what the controvosy is here, it seems clear that for the Russians the aim is to make it very plain to see that there is nowhere to hide for anyone defecting from their security services by doing it in a way designed to capture maximum publicity but remain vaugely deniable. Killing this chap isnt important, its the message the whole thing sends that is.

There must be two dozen Russian defectors living all over Europe, why doesn't he kill them all ? Why does he need to send a message to anybody, it's not like they already don't know and why would Russia need to send a message to the UK that it could utilise nerve agents if it so chose to, it already has more nukes than anyone else on the planet !!!

1 minute ago, Hamster said:

There must be two dozen Russian defectors living all over Europe, why doesn't he kill them all ? Why does he need to send a message to anybody, it's not like they already don't know and why would Russia need to send a message to the UK that it could utilise nerve agents if it so chose to, it already has more nukes than anyone else on the planet !!!

The message will be to those tempted to go in future, and because Putin has an 'election' to win so has to look patriotic to russian voters. The UK is simply the location either by chance, or having a suitable target nice and close to all the appropriate places to join the dots. This is about the Russian system communicating with Russians, we just provided the venue. 

27 minutes ago, Scully said:

It wasn't a serious question, hence the emoticon. 

Ah, sorry. 

19 minutes ago, Wb123 said:

The message will be to those tempted to go in future, and because Putin has an 'election' to win so has to look patriotic to russian voters. The UK is simply the location either by chance, or having a suitable target nice and close to all the appropriate places to join the dots. This is about the Russian system communicating with Russians, we just provided the venue. 

Ah, sorry. 

I see, so every time there's a Russian election somebody gets assassinated abroad to show the locals he's gonna be a safe pair of hands to steer the country's affairs, good grief. :rolleyes::lol:

Who knows though?  With Litvenenko they had the perpetrator on CCTV and even named him. 

The thing is this - Putin doesn’t care what we think or do and considers us weak (as per his last speeches). If you think of all the other stuff that goes on (ships in the channel, fighter jets in our air space etc) it can’t be unexpected.

Moreover the recent death will be extremely popular in Russia - this chap was their Kim Philby.

I think this is working well for Putin - he gets to let the world and his country know that he did it and he gets to let us know he can get a super weapon to our shores undetected.

Does he care we’re thinking about not turning up to a football workdcup we’d never stand a chance of winning :lol:

Incidentally they had a minister on LBC saying that the sanctions implemented following Litvenenko killed us economically and it’s really not somewhere the government would want to go to again.

8 hours ago, Hamster said:

I see, so every time there's a Russian election somebody gets assassinated abroad to show the locals he's gonna be a safe pair of hands to steer the country's affairs, good grief. :rolleyes::lol:

So the Russians haven’t been assassinating their own former spies for whatever reason?  So who has ( and is ) been doing it? Please tell us. 

For the tin foil hat brigade there’s an Interesting Panorama documentary on the way tonight 7.30 BBC1.

Don’t tell me, that’s all part of the conspiracy... :lol:

I really do wonder about some of the comments on here.

Edited by Mungler