Hide net

You have been a PW Member since 2010 and you are just setting out to buy a net for your hide?

Just how have you been hiding from the woodpigeons for all these years?

A stealth or ghost net is about the best, get the 3 ply rather than the 2 ply.

Another alternative would be an ex MoD camouflage net.

Buy a net that is 1.5 metres by 5 metres that will allow you to build a decent sized hide.

Stealth (ghost) net, excellent concealment and super light weight.

Be careful there's a lot of cheap versions around. I bought my first one from Paul around 10 years ago and still looks as new with no snags or tears; I've seen mates ones fall apart within 6 months. My second one was bought some 4/5 years ago and also just as good though slightly different materials.

http://www.thepigeonshooter.com/shop/decoys/hide-poles-nets Paul is a top man to deal with and service is second to none IMHO.

Cos

I've been using this type for a couple of years now and whilst cheap and relatively easy to damage they work ruddy well. They are so cheap that replacing them once they've 'had it' isn't much hardship at all. They weigh next to nothing and a 3m x 3m works well once it's doubled over to give you a 3m x 1.5m double thickness.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Camouflage-Net-Camo-Hunting-Shooting-Hide-Army-Camping-Woodland-Netting-3M-x3M/322870367049?hash=item4b2c92d349:g:~0UAAOSwXPNaAulw

No need to go for this one exactly, there's loads of them on FleaBay.

6 hours ago, Cosd said:

Stealth (ghost) net, excellent concealment and super light weight.

Be careful there's a lot of cheap versions around. I bought my first one from Paul around 10 years ago and still looks as new with no snags or tears; I've seen mates ones fall apart within 6 months. My second one was bought some 4/5 years ago and also just as good though slightly different materials.

http://www.thepigeonshooter.com/shop/decoys/hide-poles-nets Paul is a top man to deal with and service is second to none IMHO.

Cos

I would also recommend these people, you can get a 5m stealth net and 4 hide poles with carrying holdall for around £65.:good:

6 hours ago, Longstrider said:

I've been using this type for a couple of years now and whilst cheap and relatively easy to damage they work ruddy well. They are so cheap that replacing them once they've 'had it' isn't much hardship at all. They weigh next to nothing and a 3m x 3m works well once it's doubled over to give you a 3m x 1.5m double thickness.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Camouflage-Net-Camo-Hunting-Shooting-Hide-Army-Camping-Woodland-Netting-3M-x3M/322870367049?hash=item4b2c92d349:g:~0UAAOSwXPNaAulw

No need to go for this one exactly, there's loads of them on FleaBay.

That's the one i have now,its ok but not as good as my old 3d leaf cut,figured its cheap so will be ok when it gets wrecked from all the hawthorn and brambles.

31 minutes ago, vampire said:

That's the one i have now,its ok but not as good as my old 3d leaf cut,figured its cheap so will be ok when it gets wrecked from all the hawthorn and brambles.

I don't know why anyone would buy one of those nets. They don't look particularly good and they're a strange size. None of my nets I ever anticipate having to replace as they are decent quality.

22 hours ago, dorianbuilders said:

Following on from last week I'm looking for a good hide net but am finding it a bit of a minefield with all the choices!

Any recommendations??

34 minutes ago, motty said:

I don't know why anyone would buy one of those nets. They don't look particularly good and they're a strange size. None of my nets I ever anticipate having to replace as they are decent quality.

So what would you recommend ?

2 hours ago, AYA117 said:

So what would you recommend ?

I find stealth nets are good, therefore i own four of them. I also have a couple of the realtree style leaf cut nets (chameleon i think) that are fine. Some army scrim nets are good, too.

I have desert camo nets and builders hessian for summer use.

I personally steer clear of the type of nets i mentioned earlier. There are much better options for similar prices.

On 3/13/2018 at 20:25, motty said:

The Real tree net was superb,very strong and light weight,good camo and the best net i owned,til the mice ate a big hole in the middle.

As for 'those nets',its cheap/light/big enough and horrible cheap scrunchy thing.

I sold my stealth net as it was just so big and took up a lot of room,so got the realtree,which is what i should of got again.

3 hours ago, kenholland said:

took the backing of the stealth and made another lightweight net camo'd the black backing.

Apart from the fact the backing gives you more concealment, it actually stops your gun snagging like they do with every net which doesn’t have it!

• 2 weeks later...

I have a light coloured and a dark coloured stealth net. The lighter for harvest and the darker for the rest of the year. I tend to use both nets in a double layer and dip one round the top so I can see out easily. Maybe that' a bit of overkill but it works fine. 

They are knocking on 8 years of now and there' easily another 8 in them. Well worth the money and as light as anything.  As others have said above the backing stops the gun snagging. 

Far better than the old Mil surplus nets that are heavy and bulky. 

Edited by GingerCat
Typo