Manchester River worst microplastic pollution

Vince Green

A Manchester river has been found to have the worst level of microplastic pollution in the world apparently. I think I know why this is, so many houses have bathroom/ kitchen waste pipes dumping effluent into surface water drains. Extensions are particularly bad in this respect. They just route the pipes into the nearest drain. 

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/bed-of-river-tame-in-manchester-has-world-s-worst-microplastic-pollution-xkpc7x989

Edited by Vince Green

saw an interview on the TV with a guy from Manchester university, cannot remember what channel, staged and carefully phrased, 

cynic that I am, between the lines I had the impression that not many rivers, if any, are tested to that level for that kind of pollution,

specially selected output for the masses?

Used to go ratting along that stretch of river in the sixties. In those days, there would be six inch t*#ds and tampax floating passed as you put a ferret in a hole. Our kid fished the same place a few years ago. It’s nice and clean now?

Edited by cragman

12 hours ago, cragman said:

Used to go ratting along that stretch of river in the sixties. In those days, there would be six inch t*#ds and tampax floating passed as you put a ferret in a hole. Our kid fished the same place a few years ago. It’s nice and clean now?

What they are saying is it looks cleaner but its not in reality.

My god it’s got to be cleaner .when I was a kid as cragman says it was full of ***** and tampons ...hunted rats on there loads of times ..the water was black..nothing lived in it...it was toxic 

now salmon run up it.....a friend of mine fished it lower down and caught salmon parr

anythings an improvement to what it was