Poop and rubbish

getthegat

So I'm feeling like a bit of a moan today. We have a business in a farm building and every morning I take the dog down the fields for a walk. When we  first moved there a couple of locals were doing dog walks on the same fields, but now people are driving to the area, stopping on the road and walking their dogs. What's wrong with that I hear you say? Well it is private land and my landlord farmer is very generous at letting strangers traipes over his land. Very few people it seems are picking up their dogs poop, even after signs have been erected, plus cans and litter are being dropped more and more, with gaps in hedges made and widened for access. This morning some creep had fly tipped a load of old chairs, plastic and general house hold rubbish in one of the gateways. What the hell is wrong with people! Do they not think it is ruining the place they like to walk, let alone being totally disrespectful to the land owner and a danger to animals. The countryside is disappearing fast enough without trashing what we still have. I sometimes wonder what these people's own gardens and houses are like; immaculate most likely as they leave their **** for others to pick up. 

Edited by getthegat
Remove a word.

Your always going to get that now the councils charging for uplifts , i've seen vans drive past the local dump and next thing there's a load of rubbish dumped in a gateway , wood etc because there making a penny . the only way to stop it would be putting concealed cameras ever where 

never understood why councils started charging for certain types of waste, it was always going lead to fly tipping by the morons out there, but most people are just bone idle and ignorant, same as charging anyone in a van is stupid because the council or private landowner ends up clearing up the mess.

we have a similar problem to you with dog walkers most clear up after there dogs but there's always one

the farmer I shoot for got together with the other land owners and approached the council and they put in a dog poop bin on the end off the lane still they persisted  until the council started to catch them and fine them it dose not happen much now

the last one was a tipper went and tipped asbestos on lane but left the address on a box  so hopefully will get a very big fine don't know if it would help you though with it being diff area but may be worth trying if they got enough complaint's

but the council did say if its on there land its the land owners problem

looks like you have the same problem as our angling club with dog muck rubbish and fly tipping in the car parks, i called the E.A last week to see if they would remove some rubbish which looks like from a builder they told me if it's on private land it's our responsibility

Just now, Howling Hound said:

Its the dog poo in bags and hung on trees that I can't swallow

Bad taste is it :whistling:

29 minutes ago, davewh100 said:

looks like you have the same problem as our angling club with dog muck rubbish and fly tipping in the car parks, i called the E.A last week to see if they would remove some rubbish which looks like from a builder they told me if it's on private land it's our responsibility

You not got cctv dave? At least get some signs warning there is, might stop scum dumping there rubbish on you.

1 hour ago, Mice! said:

Bad taste is it :whistling:

You not got cctv dave? At least get some signs warning there is, might stop scum dumping there rubbish on you.

hi mice no cctv would be hard to power it, iv put signs up doesn't seem to put them of it's all ways dumped after dark just love to catch them ones

can you position a trail cam then? Some place out of sight where it can still get the number plates, probably get two goes as they drive in and out?

33 minutes ago, davewh100 said:

hi mice no cctv would be hard to power it, iv put signs up doesn't seem to put them of it's all ways dumped after dark just love to catch them ones

Definitely don't get what the council are trying to achieve with not letting certain vehicles take rubbish to the tips. At Leigh I can only go with my work double cab classic VW, between 12 & 4.00 on Sunday. I put our normal waste in black bags at work, then bring it home to go out with the regular collection. There's nothing bad in the bags, so it means it gets to the tip anyway. You can see why many would fly tip. Apparently not all councils are the same and those that allow any vehicle any time, have far less tipping issues.

Well talk about rapid response! One day of fly tipped rubbish and as I was pulling up to work at about 7.45 this morning, a council truck was driving away with all the junk! Excellent work council guys. Very impressed. Now we just need to catch the dog pooper owner that is not picking be and all will be good in our world. Maybe half a day on the pigeons next week to add a cherry on top.