H & h decoys

cascade

Sorting through my loft and came across 10 of these H & h decoys plus 4 stands all in great condition

If memory serves you inflate a balloon inside the decoy and peg to the floor

I have no idea of their worth, can anyone enlighten me, I`m informed that they are a very sort after collectors item ????

Cheers

IMG_2421[1].JPG

You've struck lucky, they're arguably the best pigeon decoy ever made, I'm sure a lot of "old timers" on this forum will agree..?

They are a very lifelike decoy, I've recently re-painted mine as they've suffered a lot of abuse over time, I actually filled them with bubble wrap, others on this forum have used expanding foam instead of the original balloon idea..?

Having said that, I don't think you'll be able to retire on the proceeds if you sell them, you may get about a tenner each..?

If you are still into pigeon shooting, I would keep 'em and use 'em..!

Cat.

Cat

Thanks for the reply, I was just curious as to their value and popularity, I've had these approximately 30 years I bought 24 , I don't have a clue what's happened to the others

We used to fill them with newspaper but this wasn`t as good as a balloon, with a balloon inside and pegged they bob about in the slightest breeze giving the movement

Cheers

• 1 month later...