Stephen Hawking - Passed Away

Lloyd90

30 minutes ago, krugerandsmith said:

Falcon. 

I appreciate  what you are saying and after listening to his friend  Micheal Green professor of theoretical Astrophysics at Cambridge I Still have to say that it is still all supposition and theory.                                                                                                                 

That’s right, it is. That’s probably why he never won a Nobel prize as his theory has not yet been proven. 

It also took years to prove Einstein’s theories, I think one was only proved last year - that’s a 100 years of the biggest brains looking for evidence. As black holes are a very long way away, very hard to find and even harder to collect data on, it’s not surprising nothing has been  proven. Yet.

He was one of the brightest minds and most influential scientists of the era and had a massive impact on many people, including me, to see the overwhelming beauty and sheer mind-bending vastness of the universe.

Edited by FalconFN
Spelling!

3 hours ago, FalconFN said:

That’s right, it is. That’s probably why he never won a Nobel prize as his theory has not yet been proven. 

It also took years to prove Einstein’s theories, I think one was only proved last year - that’s a 100 years of the biggest brains looking for evidence. As black holes are a very long way away, very hard to find and even harder to collect data on, it’s not surprising nothing has been  proven. Yet.

He was one of the brightest minds and most influential scientists of the era and had a massive impact on many people, including me, to see the overwhelming beauty and sheer mind-bending vastness of the universe.

Quite so.

Nearly all science starts a theory and stays as such until proven by experiment or observation. Gravity waves were only detected last year but that didn’t stop Einstein flogging loads of posters and t-shirts in the meantime.

7 hours ago, SpringDon said:

Quite so.

Nearly all science starts a theory and stays as such until proven by experiment or observation. Gravity waves were only detected last year but that didn’t stop Einstein flogging loads of posters and t-shirts in the meantime.

As an engineer I just wish that I had been paid by supposition and theory instead of having to be 100% correct.