GP letter. Should I worry?

Robden

I applied for my SGC on or about 2nd of Feb.

I have spoken to Cheshire Firearms dept and they have said that they write to the GP at the start of the application process. This was around the 10th of Feb. The cheque has been cashed and I've had the "visit" from the FEO. He said he will recommend approval.

However, today (14th March) I received a phone call from my GP asking if I would like to see the letter they are sending to the Firearms dept, concerning a trapped nerve I had in my shoulder about three years ago. All this was/is doing, is effect some movement in the middle finger of my left hand....... I'm right handed.

Could they just be after some money? Would this stop a grant? Should I ignore it?

Thanks for any help/advice.

Rob....

Ignore it, as far as I'm aware physical disability does not preclude you from holding a SGC, yes, I would want to see a copy of what they were telling the police, and if the GP is writing concerning what you have described, I would want him/her to explain exactly why he/she is writing to the police about a medical condition that has **** all to do with your suitability to hold a SGC!!

I would also inform BASC.....if you are a member?

1 hour ago, Robden said:

I applied for my SGC on or about 2nd of Feb.

I have spoken to Cheshire Firearms dept and they have said that they write to the GP at the start of the application process. This was around the 10th of Feb. The cheque has been cashed and I've had the "visit" from the FEO. He said he will recommend approval.

However, today (14th March) I received a phone call from my GP asking if I would like to see the letter they are sending to the Firearms dept, concerning a trapped nerve I had in my shoulder about three years ago. All this was/is doing, is effect some movement in the middle finger of my left hand....... I'm right handed.

Could they just be after some money? Would this stop a grant? Should I ignore it?

Thanks for any help/advice.

Rob....

:lol: Sorry, but that's hilarious!  I'd be more interested in seeing the letter your GP received from your licensing authority which makes your GP think this is worth mentioning. 

Don't worry about a thing. That's bonkers; it really is. 

19 minutes ago, Robden said:

Thanks all. You've put my mind at ease. Being a born worrier I worry about everything. e cost The price of butter,  does my bum look big in this? Etc, etc.

I'll find out tomorrow.

Youve got enough to worry about, without this letter, be happy

18 minutes ago, Scully said:

:lol: Sorry, but that's hilarious!  I'd be more interested in seeing the letter your GP received from your licensing authority which makes your GP think this is worth mentioning. 

Don't worry about a thing. That's bonkers; it really is. 

I'll let you know tomorrow. 

"Well, well, well!" Went to the Doc's this morning. They received the letter on the 10th of Feb' but owing to annual holiday and a back log of paperwork they have only just got around to mine. Basically I think they are just covering their own bottoms. If I want to see the original request for information, I'll have to go back tomorrow......I won't bother.

Pushing my luck, I asked if there was a charge for this? She replied that if any medical record or info' is sent to a third party, out of courtesy, they show the supplied information to the person concerned. There is no charge for this service. Also, they do not charge for a doctors signature.  So credit where it's due.........good on them.

ETA.......One other thing. Are the SGCs sent first class, or first class signed for, which means waiting for a knock on the front door?

Edited by Robden