what mag scope to use

shawn9914

On 14/03/2018 at 18:56, shawn9914 said:

Hi All

I am after a decent second hand scope to go on my new 22lr but not sure what to go for I know its all personal preference but what mag would you go for on a rimfire

I am looking at 4-16 x 50 and 6-24 x 50 both with adjustable side parallax I will use the rifle for both day and night shooting using my nitesite wolf rtec at night

whats your thoughts on these mags 

If your going to put NV on it I would go for the 4-16  and you will see a brighter clearer image on the lower settings 4-5 mag.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Depends on the shooting, quarry kill zone size distance zero calibre.

Rested up, comfortable, wind in your face, all the time in the world; high mag works fine. 

Difficult uncomfortable position, or stood off hand, no time to faff around; lower mag works best.  

Personally I find the quick acquisition and jitter free characteristics of lower mag easier to deal with, especially when opportunities are fleeting. 

On 3/15/2018 at 17:19, Wb123 said:

I had a 6-18x40 bsa sweet 22 on my 22lr, I replaced it with an ancient S&B 6x42 and much prefer the latter. At night with the lamp on low the clarity is amazing.

If you want the scope that came off it is just gathering dust, and is missing one turret cap. I cant imagine ever using it again, if someone somewhere is starting out and after a scope with plenty of bells and whistles (adjustable parralax, magnification, and changable ballistic turrets) they can have it for cost of postage. 

PM sent.