Teacher bashing!!

Mice!

Now I know there are plenty of folk (fellas) on here who like a good teacher bashing session and obviously blame them for everything and anything.

I went to parents evening today, not exactly worrying when my daughters in year 2 ( 6/7 years) all perfectly good no issues carry on ( thanks to her and her mum).

But imagine this, 30 kids think there were six or seven books for each child covering different topics which all need marking and commenting on so the teacher and child knows what they need to improve on?? Certainly not for me that's for sure, I do an hour of judo with 6-11 year olds and that's plenty.

How many others on here would like to put up with the planning, prep, teaching and marking with 30 kids for nine hours a day?? 

carry on teachers :good::good:

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry, BUT, having had  'first hand' experience of some of today's Teenagers (and younger) I think that Teachers earn all the leave that they can get, and more !

Current figures reveal that almost 1/3 of schoolkids require 'special needs' teaching.

Edited by Westley

After seeing my mates wife buying supplies for her class out of her own wage (as the school funding was low), to make sure the kids get into her lessons and enjoy it I have loads of respect for them and she's not alone. I just hope I get someone as dedicated to teach my son when he starts. Anybody that has to deal with kids from all walks of life get my thumbs up 

Finally a bit of praise for teachers...! 

People who haven't come from a family background with teachers in it honestly do not understand the concept of what teachers actually do...

My mum is a career primary school teacher of 30 plus years. She absolutely adores her job and is probably one of the most passionate people I know when it comes to wanting the very best out of each and every one of her children. 

However, the amount of stress her and every other teacher in this country has is awful. I think in reality the marking is the least of their worries on a day to day basis... child protection, providing for individual children and their specific needs all day everyday and then potential nightmare parents... along with starting at half 8 and not getting home sometimes until well gone 8 o'clock that evening, having had 30 plus children under your care for the whole day as well as the responsibility for their development. And then all the marking and planning when you get home afterwards with hardly any time to sit down and enjoy a meal before going to bed and doing it all again... 

Not for me and I respect my mum massively for the dedication and hard work she has put infor her entire career and has helped hundreds if not thousands of children along the way... 

Thank you to all teachers... no one would be anything without you... 

Dave 

46 minutes ago, Mice! said:

Now I know there are plenty of folk (fellas) on here who like a good teacher bashing session and obviously blame them for everything and anything.

I went to parents evening today, not exactly worrying when my daughters in year 2 ( 6/7 years) all perfectly good no issues carry on ( thanks to her and her mum).

But imagine this, 30 kids think there were six or seven books for each child covering different topics which all need marking and commenting on so the teacher and child knows what they need to improve on?? Certainly not for me that's for sure, I do an hour of judo with 6-11 year olds and that's plenty.

How many others on here would like to put up with the planning, prep, teaching and marking with 30 kids for nine hours a day?? 

carry on teachers :good::good:

think you need to go back to school  " I went to parents EVENING TODAY "  :hmm:

A few of the people I went to school with are teachers in different areas of the country. 

All of them are hard working dedicated individuals that deal with all sorts of ****. 

One was in court the other week representing a child who had been the victim of online grooming and sexual abuse, it's not a one off that she is dealing with stuff like that either. 

I hate to see teacher bashing or any other profession for that matter - if you are jealous of the terms of their employment then do the bloody hard work and become one.

If you think you could do the job better then do the work and become one. 

If you think they aren't providing the service you expect, don't just **** and moan like an old woman on internet forums and social media, do the work and campaign for effective change. 

Often I think the complaints and bashing of a profession are more a reflection of the individual doing the complaining rather than the people they are aimed at. 

1 minute ago, ClemFandango said:

A few of the people I went to school with are teachers in different areas of the country. 

All of them are hard working dedicated individuals that deal with all sorts of ****. 

One was in court the other week representing a child who had been the victim of online grooming and sexual abuse, it's not a one off that she is dealing with stuff like that either. 

I hate to see teacher bashing or any other profession for that matter - if you are jealous of the terms of their employment then do the bloody hard work and become one.

If you think you could do the job better then do the work and become one. 

If you think they aren't providing the service you expect, don't just **** and moan like an old woman on internet forums and social media, do the work and campaign for effective change. 

Often I think the complaints and bashing of a profession are more a reflection of the individual doing the complaining rather than the people they are aimed at. 

Well said...

9 minutes ago, billytheghillie said:

think you need to go back to school  " I went to parents EVENING TODAY "  

everyone knows it as parents evening, it was actually at 16:30 but they were running until 8pm "this evening" hope that's ok for you :lol:

I came from a teaching family, and am married to one...

Fairly obviously, I also therefore know quite a few teachers socially - I can't think of a single one who doesn't spend upwards of a quarter of their "generous holiday allowance" doing yet more school work.

I don't think I would do it for the money they get. In fact, I don't think I could do it for any money.

I worked for 16 years as an IT manager and I would not wont to teach for any money. These days they have to have written plans before each lesson. Set certain home works, produce computer images to display on there white board and be assessed at every stage. 

They get abuse from students and parents alike and have nothing they can do for it

They need more support and authority no wonder no one wants the job

1 hour ago, CaptainBeaky said:

I don't think I would do it for the money they get. In fact, I don't think I could do it for any money.

They get good money and a great pension...or they did.  All ( with only two exceptions ) the members of my art group are retired teachers. I know loads of them. 

2 hours ago, Westley said:

Sorry, BUT, having had  'first hand' experience of some of today's Teenagers (and younger) I think that Teachers earn all the leave that they can get, and more !

Current figures reveal that almost 1/3 of schoolkids require 'special needs' teaching.

And if they don't like it don't become a teacher,. there are worst jobs out there without the pay perks and extra holidays. 

Edited by ordnance

32 minutes ago, Scully said:

They get good money and a great pension...or they did.  All ( with only two exceptions ) the members of my art group are retired teachers. I know loads of them. 

My response is in 2 parts. 

1. Great pension? I work on 40/80th average Salary deal. Significantly different to what I signed up 22 years ago. If I don’t do the 40 years I suffer massively.....

Imagine trying to be a PE teacher at 67 (qualified at 23 years old) and trying to keep up on the sports field with 15 / 16 year olds playing football for 5 hours a day x 5 days a week. REALLY?

2.  I love my job (to sum it up, it’s a practical based subject). I’ve worked with scum and stars, many have gone on to be famous* and others are in jail for murder.

It’s shorter hours than many jobs, but much longer in many ways. 

* I taught Cheryl tweedy / Cole / versainy (spelling) 

I had great respect for Teachers, especially my class Teacher. He was the finest shot with a wooden backed blackboard rubber or a piece of chalk in the whole school. I later found out that just a decade before he had been a F/Sgt  rear gunner in Lancasters...so he knew about lead and smooth tracking. After marking one of my Maths Equations papers he told me I had the IQ of a small Water Melon..He was a fine judge of character too..:lol:  :lol: