Teacher bashing!!

Mice!

10 minutes ago, ips said:

Options!!!

I remember a carreers advisor visiting and asking each one of us what carreer they would like with a view to advising what subject's to take (this was what was called 3rd year in those days so you chose what subjects best suited for last two years of borstal...i mean school) my turn came i replied "gunsmith sir" he laughed out loud and told me i was an **** (or words to that effect) i think with hindsight that was the moment i gave up and from then on did sod all work on the occasions i was there. I didnt sit any exams on principal and left school with a 10metre swimming award, which incidentally was never any use to me so even that was a waste of time ?

This just proves to me the importance of teachers and the effect they have on your life. Due to a bad experience from a poor teacher/advisor you chose to withdraw. If that teacher/advisor contact had been positive, even inspirational, then maybe the same amount of conviction could have been put into developing your education and opening doors to future opportunities.  

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, Medic1281 said:

This just proves to me the importance of teachers and the effect they have on your life. Due to a bad experience from a poor teacher/advisor you chose to withdraw. If that teacher/advisor contact had been positive, even inspirational, then maybe the same amount of conviction could have been put into developing your education and opening doors to future opportunities.  

EXACTLY

The whole experience i now know has effected me through life. Not however necessarily in a bad way. As a result of on paper being a thicko and leaving school in an age were jobs were hard to find i set my first business up at age 21 and my 2nd five years later .. i am now 54 and semi retired ☺️

My experience of school was that those pupils whom were more capable than others received the most help and encouragement. The rest were more or less treat with indifference. I hated school, but that had more to do with the bullying and a capable but indifferently lethargic art teacher. 

1 minute ago, Scully said:

My experience of school was that those pupils whom were more capable than others received the most help and encouragement. The rest were more or less treat with indifference. I hated school, but that had more to do with the bullying and a capable but indifferently lethargic art teacher. 

Similar, couple of lads that could run and jump and kick a ball were made heads of year. The rest of the borstal...i mean school were left to fend for themselves. I could write a book about some of the unsavory stuff that went on incl abuse from teachers and pupil's both ways (not sexual i hasten to add) although one inmate...i mean pupil did get expelled for being found with a girl in the toilets, she later produced a mini inmate and was never seen at school again. This was a catholic school with a good reputation gained in my opinion by hiding all that went on allthough its true to say that my bro and sister a few years older than me did not experience this. One assumes as i grew up in the punk era it was a wild time?