New Project,shooting boxes.Day 4.

sako751sg

Have a few high seats needs at various places so decided to build a couple and make then substantial for both roe and foxes.Had to chain saw a couple of acres of fund bushes in all to allow this one to get built plus provide a clear area in front.b0a0RQf.jpg

Kii9NCx.jpg

t7Ae21b.jpg

t1wB58d.jpg

VYFG0P9.jpg

GrxIhol.jpg

qdbaEeD.jpg

1UEgMOp.jpg

l8796Z2.jpg

Day 3 today and coming on fine with hopefully windows,door and roof on tomorrow before the bad weather comes in.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, JDog said:

Very impressive. 

Are you getting nervous about the visit by your friends in the south by any chance?

Cheers JD.

Aye,im going to take cover in this till they go home!!

Away back doon to Suffolk next week for 3 days and will be hard to live up to what they are providing but will try.No way could i guide as the pressure to supply wouldnt allow much sleep even though numbers are high in the area.

5 minutes ago, JDog said:

Your guests will love your part of the world and I am sure you will give them some excellent sport.

Heres hoping.

Just wanting the weather to be half decent for them too.Thats hit or miss and can affect the roe without a doubt but its beyond our control anyway.

5 minutes ago, Mice! said:

looks very good, I'm going over to the craft section now to wind up walker 570, tell him he needs to up his game.

Cheers.

Just had a look and Walkers is spot on too.

Planning on doing a fair bit all night foxing from this one so thats why its maybe overboard.

1 minute ago, FOXHUNTER1 said:

Quality craftsmanship Dave :good: Looks very impressive. Enjoy your trip to Suffolk and grass plenty munties.

Cheers Mark.

Remember when i said your B & B was basic.:lol:

9 minutes ago, Walker570 said:

Nice job indeed. Also nice and cosy. I've given up sitting in open seats unless I have to. That is a real pro job.  Don't forget the shelving for flask, mug, sandwiches and alarm clock:good:

Cheers fella.

We have always done the odd one or two like this and the old fellas had electric and a bed but he spent most of his time in it,lol.

Plenty room inside this one for some luxuries and will see what it ends up like.

Not the best of days and was half expecting the hoosie on her ribs but she hadnt moved at all so spent a couple of hours on it.

Checked the frames for the windows and made them up today with 6mm perspex,hinged them and hopefully hang them tomorrow weather permitting.

Hung the door,sheeted the roof ready for tin and ply lined most of the inside so mostly fiddly work left to do.

O4ci3lw.jpg

yAvd3RU.jpg

oIEBXzK.jpg

wPRAusK.jpgQzroqJT.jpg

20 hours ago, bumpy22 said:

looks ideal. looking forward to more write ups and pics

Hopefully do the job and its sitting on an idel site.

4 hours ago, crowcaller said:

Looks really  good and professional  well done hope you get good use from it.

No sure about the professional bit but should get some use from it for sure.

28 minutes ago, Walker570 said:

Do you intend fitting a safety rail around the area by the door?  I'm not one of these H & S guys but think I would fit one. Wood gets pretty slippy when wet. 

Might but i dont think so.Be a fine wee bit to sit and get a bit of sun if that happens this year.

8 minutes ago, FOXHUNTER1 said:

Absolutely 1st class mate , looks a stunning bit of ground. I can imagine some great sport to be had from there :yes:

Hopefully we will although this part of it might take a while to get over the disturbance although after the first day of starting the camera got a fox just 50m from it.